Birdview Sat Nav

kennyc

OK got the car, the sat nav system is CD based and dated 2003. I've searched and searched but not been able to find info on updating the maps. Does anyone know if it's possible. Obviously I've seen that the later versions are DVD based...

Cheers,

Kenny

OK got the car, the sat nav system is CD based and dated 2003. I've searched and searched but not been able to find info on updating the maps. Does anyone know if it's possible. Obviously I've seen that the later versions are DVD based...

Cheers,

Kenny

Not sure myself. Mine is a 53 plate aswell and when Im on the toll road it thinks Im in a river!! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

It's all factory installed , CD player's in the cubby hole behind the passenger seat. Wonder if you can just swap the CD box for a DVD and get the updated maps....or no doubt that'll cost hundreds!! I'll check with the dealer today.

Kennyc

You just dont know how much what your suggesting would be a bonus.

It just isnt available yet on dvd that is compatible with the hardware in the Z.

I have tried the P12 Primera the Y61 Patrol the V11 Tino and also the latest Almera discs but none will update the host system and the systems are locked to teh ecu of the original model of vehicle.

Stick with the CDs there are updates available its less hassle and it works.

Info on update CD's would be great.

I called the dealer who said they don't have any updates, only the DVD version that comes with the new cars, he also suggested that to upgrade to DVD would involve changing the whole system, screen and all. I just laughed :dry: