Vredestein ultrac or Dunlop SP01

mc

My front's are virtually on the wear indicators.... so from my local tyre place that has been quite good in the past, I can get

Vredestein Ultrac's for £100 front, £125 rear

or

Dunlop SP01's for £115 front, £155 rear.

I had a search and whilst not all that popular, the Vredesteins seem to be good tyres, look good too. And not a bad price I think?

anyone heard about them?

cheers

Mike

are they the standard ultracs or the ssantas.

the ssantas are better than the ultrac stnadards (can't remember the full name)

i plan to put the vredesteins on mine once the bridges run out. they are by far the best rated tire for the price. not much more than toyos but have better reviews. normally score 8 or 9 out of 10 compared to toyos and falkens which were getting 6 or 7's

i think if you search on here i had some links to tyre reviews on them. evo even tested them and they came near the top.

camskills is where i'm getting mine from, best price on the internet i found so far. lexx uses them i think as do some others, but never heard a bad word against them, apparently a favourite amoungst the corvette world in america

i had a good search last night think camskills was the cheapest at around £480 for 4 tyres delivered. if you find them cheaper please let me know.

tyremen offered to try and match any quotes, and they are avid vredestein fans.

http://www.tyremen.co.uk/vredestein_tyres.html

that beat mytyres, blackcirlces and at least 4 other people i could find

Yup, I have the Ultrac Sessanta's all round.

This is the 3rd car Ive had them on.

My only criticism would be that in some "greasy" conditions, the front can struggle for grip for cornering at anything over a sedate pace.

Value for money though is pretty spot on :thumbs:

cheers for the replies

I've just checked with my local garage, they're ordering the ultrac sessantas for me, £122 each for the fronts and £125 each for the rears, all-in!

I'm happy with that price, although I suspect he made a mistake with pricing the rears... lol

still about 1mm left before changing the rears so if it dries up soon I might have a play to wear them out first ;)

cheers for the replies

I've just checked with my local garage, they're ordering the ultrac sessantas for me, £122 each for the fronts and £125 each for the rears, all-in!

I'm happy with that price, although I suspect he made a mistake with pricing the rears... lol

still about 1mm left before changing the rears so if it dries up soon I might have a play to wear them out first ;)

if that includes fitting and balancing then thats a good price i found these on delivery only

Vredestein SS camskills mytyres tyretrader Tyremen

REARS 245/45/18 £132.10 £149.40 £138.63 £136.00

FRONTS 225/45/18 £111.00 £133.40 £127.81 £110.00

£486.20 £565.60 £532.88 £492.00

yes that price includes fitting and balance :)

when you say delivery only, does that mean delivery to your house/work, or to a tyre fitter?

my local garage use vredestein a fair amount so he says they get good deals on the price. (Longbridge tyres in Birmingham if any locals are interested!)