Garage Flooring

MrLizard

Anyone have any experience of this type of flooring, i was hoping to do out the garage in some tile effect, the people at http://dynotile.co.uk/ state that you can jack a car on the floor or a van and easy to fit etc....

any reason i shouldnt make my garage look like a giant chess board rather than breathing in dust each time i open the door???

first google hit i had when i searched and they are based within 2 miles of my house, had a look at weekend, about 250 quid ish to do my garage, looks good and he said they do 5% off etc so might move more on price.

i dont know anyone thats used it before tho...

you could do your entire garage in yellow beavis ;)

I looked at them before, but decided it was too expensive. Seems pretty good stuff, try places like Detailing World and Piston Heads to see if there are any reviews of it. Race Deck is used a lot in the States and gets good reviews, I think this is pretty much the same stuff.

Costco do something for garage flooring but subject to how big your garage is dont bother - just get some PVA glue - mix with some warm water and seal the floor ( I guess its concrete?) then go to Wicks and get some garage floor paint - they do other colours rather than red - and seal the floor with it - its good stuff but evil vapours off it so be carefull!

When you want to jack up a car just put some ply down first to rest the jack on - its easy and cheap! Hope this helps? :)

Costco do something for garage flooring but subject to how big your garage is dont bother - just get some PVA glue - mix with some warm water and seal the floor ( I guess its concrete?) then go to Wicks and get some garage floor paint - they do other colours rather than red - and seal the floor with it - its good stuff but evil vapours off it so be carefull!

When you want to jack up a car just put some ply down first to rest the jack on - its easy and cheap! Hope this helps? :)

This was my first idea, however ive been advised it takes a few layers to do it properly and 5 days to dry, i cant have the car outside for 5 days!!! :scare:

thanks for the advice tho m8

This was my first idea, however ive been advised it takes a few layers to do it properly and 5 days to dry, i cant have the car outside for 5 days!!! :scare:

thanks for the advice tho m8

To be fair I painted it the day before I moved into this place - it was just 24 hours - quicker if you put a heater in there - the cement soaks up the paint fairly quickly and well even though mine was a rush job in bad weather and no heating its still going strong after 4 years?

Good luck with it - other option is a self levelling compound expoxy floor leveller you use to seal and level flooring prior to gluing wood flooring over hard floors? Friend has used it - he says the finish is superb - but that will kill your lungs if anything will!!

My Dad and I painted the walls and floor in his double garage in '99 when they (and me and that point) moved in. Still looks tip top and that includes having a big heavy car on one side year round.

I have the costco cushioned flooring in mine. It's nice stuff. Looks good and my motorbike sits on paddock stands on it. It wasn't expensive either.

check this out. thinking of buying this for mine. although my dads cars in there.

seems good stuff and relatively cheap aswell

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Motofloor-Garage- ... 240%3A1318

looks good but im a little confused with the sizes mentioned, it reckons a single car garage requires 4 boxes, there is no way my single garage is bigger than 4x42 sq ft... :wacko: am i just missing something obvious here or am i actually a borrower with a garage the size of a matchbox...