Concours d' Elegance

bronzee

A very busy weekend for us again this weekend. Last weekend we had a big show, yesterday was a fun run/trial for another show, and today was the actual big kahuna of all shows here, Concours d' Elegance. Very prestigious, that also features a moto-khana.

So many stunning cars as always. TVR's, rare Merc's and Ferrari's, Jags, Aston Martins, Porsche, Lamborghini's, plus hundreds more. They were estimating over 60 millions worth of cars, perhaps an underestimation.

One chap had recently been offered 750K US$ for his very rare Jag, so you can imagine the calibre of the cars. With the Masters Class supreme team winners two gorgeous old Cadillacs. Lol, no I didn't get close up shots of them, and yes you could eat of any part of the car. Lol.

Here are a few pics. I haven't had time to download my pics yet.

http://www.zclub.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t ... c&start=15

My favourites, which I did take pics of were the TVR's & the Aston's of course. ;)

Thanks Martin. Some nice looking motors there Immy - nice weather too B)

Thank you for that Martin. :)

Lol Trev, it was positively baking and uncomfortably hot again yesterday. We were moved to that spot at the last minute, luckily the only ones in any decent shade. ;) Well into the 30's yesterday, and very high humidity.

I'll download the pics and pop them up later on this afo Kiwi time. ;)

Warning, very photo heavy post. Not very 56k friendly. :wink:

Being the very, very first ones to arrive we enjoyed watching everyone else arrive. So many stunning cars at the Fun Run on the Saturday and I didn't take nearly enough photos.

ConcoursFunRun9Feb2009No2.jpg

ConcoursFunRun9Feb2009No6.jpg

ConcoursFunRun9Feb2009No3.jpg

Arriving at Matua Winery, a bit shady for a photo, but none the less...

ConcoursFunRun9Feb2009No10.jpg

Then Sunday at Concours d' Elegance:

ConcoursDElegance8Feb2009No15.jpg

ConcoursDElegance8Feb2009No16.jpg

ConcoursDElegance8Feb2009No17.jpg

ConcoursDElegance8Feb2009.jpg

The Motor-khana

ConcoursDElegance8Feb2009No2.jpg

ConcoursDElegance8Feb2009No4.jpg

A few that caught my eye:

ConcoursDElegance8Feb2009No6.jpg

Stunning TVR's

ConcoursDElegance8Feb2009No13.jpg

ConcoursDElegance8Feb2009No12.jpg

50th year anniversary of Morgan, and a large display of Morgan's.

ConcoursDElegance8Feb2009No14.jpg

Mini Club display:

ConcoursDElegance8Feb2009No11.jpg

ConcoursDElegance8Feb2009No9.jpg

Great cars there! Wonder what the availability of TVR parts down there is like :headhurt:

Hmm, probably not too good. But most companies, usually 7 day turn around or less from anywhere in the globe, depending on availability at the factory.

Some lovely motors there. Those Mini's are gleaming and love the TVR.

I should have taken more photos. :blush: The TVR's were totally gorgeous (probably my favourite there), and there were some jaw droppingly beautiful cars, some extremely rare, and some just plain stunning. This is Concours level, so most you could eat off any panel or the engine bay.

Those little Mini's did very well in the teams event as well. They're only little, but very well done.

Nice!

I love shiny metal! :teeth::teeth:

Lol, you must have some estrogen in your diet. :p:lol:

Most of the cars, even if I didn't particularly all of them, I could appreciate the work that had been done on them. Quite a number of complete restores too.