276bhp (280ps) or 283bhp (287ps)

matth76

I have see a lot of references (mainly US) to the mark 1 350z having 283bhp (287ps). Whereas here in the UK we have 276bhp. Do the american 350's have slightly different ecu's to account for this small change in factory quoted performance? The US version also has more quoted torque at 274 lbs/ft compared to the UK's 268 lbs/ft.

Thanks for any info.

The US have a lower octane fuel as standard compared to us. I can only assume they use the JDM ecu which seems to be a mystery as to how different it is to the UK one ...and perhaps they do in fact liberate more power from the engine. Anyone know about the US cars?

The US have a lower octane fuel as standard compared to us. I can only assume they use the JDM ecu which seems to be a mystery as to how different it is to the UK one ...and perhaps they do in fact liberate more power from the engine. Anyone know about the US cars?

There left hand drive :teeth:

The difference is the higher octane fuel used in Japan (100). Octane in US varies state to state. They use a different system of measuring octane so although a US octane rate might seem lower it could be the same or higher than ours.

+1

US 93 is our 98, and their 90 is our 95 IIRC. Most common over there is 87 though, so 91/92 which is still popular in Eastern Europe.