Is it a straight swap to put bi-xenon headlights on a 2005

matth76

I've noticed the common issue of the front head lights fogging up - except its not condensation but the actual plastic furring up (bit of a weak point so I've heard), as other members have experienced. Im happy to put up with it but wouldn't mind sorting it in the future if it gets worse. How much are the whole head light units (2005 year with single xenon) and how long does it take to fit each one at a dealer?

Can you put the later "double/bi xenon" head light units on a 2005 model? Is it a straight swap? If yes how much are each complete headlight and how many hours labour am I looking at to replace both?

Thanks for any info.

hi mate, i had a set of the newer headlights and put them on my car with no problems just a simple straight swap.

i also changed over my lights at the weekend and i took around 45mins although i could probaby do it in my sleep now :lol:

i would say it was a diy job and wouldnt pay anyone to do it if you know how to hold a socket wrench

if you need a step by step guide pm me.

as for prices from main dealers best to speak to zmanalex but i advise you to be seated when hearing the price of new items :thumbs:

Paul