Eagle F1 Asymmetric

dangerman

Hello people,

I finally decided to go for the Eagle F1's following the review EVO magazine did last year and following the threads in this forum. The thing is I found out today Goodyear don't supply a 225/45/18 for front!

I'm back to square one again. I've got Falken FK452's at the moment and while I'm happy with these I was looking for something with a harder compound. There's quite a bit of give in the rubber with these Japanese softies... Toyo's included which I had on my previous jam jar.

And another thing... I'm reading a lot here that the standard rubber is Bridgestone RE040, however when I bought mine it came with RE050's. I've read horrible things about the RE040's and while the RE050's from my experience provide the similar dismal experience in the wet, the hard compund makes them very sticky in the heat with excellent feedback at the helm. That's why I'm looking for a hard compound tyre that is as good in the wet as it is on dry roads.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated... :)

I had a similar problem just before Christmas, valve blew out on my F1 GS-D3's, screwed the tyre, and couldn't get hold of any F1 Assymetric's. So I got Yokohama Sport V103. Happy with them thus far. Firm sidewall, lateral stability is good accordingly, enables me to corner pretty quickly. Seem good in the wet, although we haven't had any of the heavy rain we get in Winter, as it's Summer.

I'm back to square one again. I've got Falken FK452's at the moment and while I'm happy with these I was looking for something with a harder compound. There's quite a bit of give in the rubber with these Japanese softies... Toyo's included which I had on my previous jam jar.

Have you thought about reducing the profile of the tyres (RR front to rear ratio the same obviously)? When I got my Rotas from Phil, he put a lower than stock profile Falkens on (lower RR) which firmed up the side walls and gives less flex apparently. Might be worth a go if you stick with Falkens. NO issues with TC as the front to rear ratio of RR remains the same.

Have you thought about reducing the profile of the tyres (RR front to rear ratio the same obviously)? When I got my Rotas from Phil, he put a lower than stock profile Falkens on (lower RR) which firmed up the side walls and gives less flex apparently. Might be worth a go if you stick with Falkens. NO issues with TC as the front to rear ratio of RR remains the same.

Exactly what Falkens are they then? I have a lot of respect for the advice of Phil and am perilously close to buying a full tyre set.

Try continental sport contacts? ive got continental sport contact 3's on my BMW and theyre grwat in the wet I cant really tell theres any loss of traction, though im not mad enough to try and find the limits of their grip in the et they still provide more than enough, and theyre a harder compound.

Try continental sport contacts? ive got continental sport contact 3's on my BMW and theyre grwat in the wet I cant really tell theres any loss of traction, though im not mad enough to try and find the limits of their grip in the et they still provide more than enough, and theyre a harder compound.

I`ve got CSC2 on the back and Toyo on the front. The CSC2 are pretty good and have lasted ages, but the Falkens get good reviews here and are considerably cheaper. If I get the same performance but the cost is cheaper there is no argument really :)

I`ve got CSC2 on the back and Toyo on the front. The CSC2 are pretty good and have lasted ages, but the Falkens get good reviews here and are considerably cheaper. If I get the same performance but the cost is cheaper there is no argument really :)

I agree I think i'll be getting falkens next as there considerably cheaper and seem to get good reviews. I suggested the CSC's because he wanted a harder compound and a good wet tyre t'was all. :)

P.S ive just read my last post and realised my atrotious spelling :lol:

Exactly what Falkens are they then? I have a lot of respect for the advice of Phil and am perilously close to buying a full tyre set.

I have 18x8.5(F) and 18x9.5 ® and I think the tyres are 245/35/18 and 275/35/18 respectively. Reduces the RR by about 5% IIRC. I'll do a search in a mo, these a few comparison threads for RRs where I posted my sizes, brb ....

Oh and they are Falken 452's I beleive :thumbs:

EDIT: My tyres are 245/35/18 and 275/35/18. Reduced RR over stock, but keeps the front to rear stagger (RR wise, not width wise) so TC isnt effected.

Excellent advice people. Although I decided against a lower profile and to stick with the stock 45 profile. I went for the new CSC 3's in the end and had them fitted today. Really gutted about the Goodyear's not coming in the stock sizes though. Looks like a wheel upgrade will be next on my list... :)