LOWERING SPRINGS

• 2 weeks later...

Out of interest CS, how much are the Eibach springs, how much do they lower the car buy and what do you reckon would be a reasonable price to have them fitted?

Has anyone had their Zed lowered and have any before and after pics?

Cheers,

G

Out of interest CS, how much are the Eibach springs, how much do they lower the car buy and what do you reckon would be a reasonable price to have them fitted?

Has anyone had their Zed lowered and have any before and after pics?

Cheers,

G

Hi G,

The Eibach springs are £219 since their price increase earlier this month, however, for members I have them for £205.00 delivered.

They’re quoted at lowering the front and rear by 30mm, however, realistically it’s about 27-28mm.

For fitting, expect to pay in the region of about £25-£30 a corner, the norm here tends to be about £120.00.

Many thanks,

:thumbs:

Welcome to the forum.

Personally, I'd stay away from lowering springs only.

From my own experience, you'll only wear out the stock shocks faster, because they are manufactured to be used with the factory springs.

Sure they will work with lowering springs, but you'll have to change the stock items sooner rather than later due to the usage.

Save up your pennies and get either a full suspension setup or coilover system, Tein setups have my seal of approval, had a set of Tein coilovers on my previous car (Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC JDM)

If you do decide to use lowering springs make sure someone who really knows what they are doing fits them. From my own experience the camber and toe can be really knocked out.

If you do end up going for them I'd recommend speaking to Fletch (ex ESR) as it was him who sorted mine out!

+1 to BulletMagnet though - I'd go for coilovers. :)