Finally bought my Z...

matth76

Hi

After a lot of searching I've finally bought my first Z. It can be seen on this advert:

http://used-cars.carpages.co.uk/categor ... Fskupe.css

It's an azure blue 2005/55 GT pack 34k miles fsh, 6 months tax all for 12k from a Nissan Dealer. I travelled a fair few miles to see it - I'm based in Sussex and it was for sale in Manchester. Im picking it up in 2 weeks after it's had a full service and MOT plus they are sorting out some very minor scratches.

What do you guys think - was that a fair price? I could have gone lower perhaps but that's how it goes.

Do you guys know any makes of integrated sat nav that can be fitted fairly easily to the connections in the 350? Or any companies that can do this? Are "Becker" sat navs any good?

Cheers

Matt

Cheers will do. Are they fairly "twitchy" in wet conditions? The car was originally up at at just under £15k a few weeks back but they've been having to reduce it in today's climate.

Also, in all the 350's I have looked at they have all had slightly worn gear knobs - seems to be a common thing. I asked about how much they are at the Nissan dealer and they said £185!! Does anyone know where I can get a genuine 350 gear knob but slightly cheaper than that? Any reliable Ebay sellers? Also, how much are genuine aluminium entry guards embossed with the Z logo? Are the standard black plastic ones easy to remove and then fit with the aluminium ones?

Cheers will do. Are they fairly "twitchy" is the 350 in wet conditions? The car was originally up at at just under £15k a few weeks back but they've been having to reduce it in today's climate.

Also, in all the 350's I have looked at they have all had slightly worn gear knobs - seems to be a common thing. I asked about how much they are at the Nissan dealer and they said £185!! Does anyone know where I can get a genuine 350 gear knob but slightly cheaper than that? Any reliable Ebay sellers? Also, how much are genuine aluminium entry guards embossed with the Z logo? Are the standard black plastic ones easy to remove and then fit with the aluminium ones?

First lesson of zed ownership, dont buy anything from a dealer. Have a look through the traders section on here. ;)

Dont worry too much about driving, just wait until its a bit drier to give it some. We hate threads with nasty pictures :headhurt:

Lovely motor, well done, i'm jealous as im in the purchasing process.

Interesingly Im in Sussex too. I don't supose you look at the one at Yeoman's in Worthing/Bognor. Still considering it, but it has 60k on the clock...

enjoy

Yes I did see the grey one down there a couple of weeks ago. I too thought the mileage was slightly high but then the engines should keep on going and going and it pulled very strong. Only reason I didn't go for it was because I thought the interior wasn't quite as well looked after as some examples I had seen for similar money. They may accept less than 11k for it. Only problem I have found so far is you have to travel for the right car. Went up to Suffolk yesterday to look at one for sale and then Manchester today (stopped in Birmingham overnight last night) - bl**dy knackered but well worth it. How's your search going?

In an ideal world we'd all like to buy well maintained cars from enthusiastic owners, but sometimes we have to finance all or part of the purchase of the car. At least we get a warranty with a dealer, thats the only good side though. By the way, welcome to the club, and the car looks nice too :thumbs:

Best colour! Welcome to the club!

Just wait for the sun to come out!

Great price I aint gonna print how much I paid for mine in Aug 07, but hey that's life!

Back end twitches only tend to happen if you floor it on a roundabout but you'll get used to it - it's all part of the fun!

My only advice on your purchase, and I think it's too late - check discs - usually go around this sort of mileage, you'll be forking out £800+ for a full set.

think you've gone and bought one i was considering getting :mellow: did you get a 1year warranty with it? Ive seen other same spec ones for a bit more and i was hoping to get them down to the 12k mark with a free warranty and maybe 6months free tax, 0% apr, service etc

Cheers. The disks seemed ok. If they do need replacing I could always upgrade them by increasing the size perhaps. Are they 318mm standard? Are they cross / drilled ventilated? The only thing I did notice which I made a big point about was the passenger air back light being lit on the dash near the revometer. The dealer said it was because the airbag was turned off (??) and would be a simple fix and would be sorted for when I pick it up - is this a simple fix?

Didn't manage to test any CD's. I turned the radio right up - seemed pretty nice :)

Sorry Elecious - know how you feel - for the last few weeks I have been seeing nice ones advertised for sale but because I can only see them at the weekends to view them they have sold by then - so frustrating.

Well congratulations on the gorgeous Azure. Have a safe drive back home on the day.

They're not terrible in the wet so long as you give them respect. The TC's really aggressive so it'll spoil your fun fairly early on, before it all gets out of hand. Just get used to the car before you switch it off!

Tyres will make a difference to both of the above to a degree. :)

Cheers for the replies so far guys. What tyres do you recommend? I've used BF Goodrich on my old cars which were very good. Are the stock Bridgestones any good or should I opt for another make come tyre change time?

Also, does anyone know about the air bag light issue I mentioned - is it possible to manually turn it off - hence making the light come on? How is the dealer likely to fix the issue as they said they would fix it before I pick it up - plus it is going in for an MOT and service before I pick it up.

Cheers, yeah any pics welcome thanks :)

Forgot to ask - with every Z I naturally assume there should be the main key (with remote locking fob), one spare key (with fob) and the important long keycode. Has anyone had any trouble getting the keycode when buying their car from a main dealer?