Driftday at Oulton Feb 21st - club discounts!!

Steve H

Hi Fellas

Just a quick note to update you on the latest Trackaction-Online events! Some of you will know us from our events last year, we are a trackday enthusisasts website and we also run some of our own track and driftdays which are open to our members and other owners clubs.

Our next two events are coming up and we've agreed some discounts for 350Z-UK members :thumbs:

In March we are running a trackday at Cadwell Park (CLICK HERE FOR INFO) but first up we are heading for Oulton Park on Feb 21st for a driftday on their polished tarmac drift stages. These are two tight twisty circuits which are surfaced with a low-traction tarmac that is ideal for practicing oversteer control and drift techniques. The low grip finish is very easy to drive and slide on and has the added bonus of being kind to your tyres compared with most types of tarmac and concrete. This is the ideal event for rear wheel drive cars and anyone who wants to learn more about how their car reacts in a slide without risking lamposts, armco or the boys in blue!

This is the kind of feedback we had from our last day there -

The track really is unbelivably slippy, but once you get used to being a bit more delicate its great fun.

All in all a fantastic day, never waited more that 3 mins in line, sometimes just went strait out again.

I will definatly be at the next one.

Had a great day..

Just got back. What a great day out. That much fun should be illegal.

Thanks for all involved in organising it

This is a shot of part of stage 1 taken when I was instructing there in Caterhams

Image049.jpg

We limit the numbers that we allow on the day to ensure that everyone gets plenty of tracktime and we include free instruction for anyone that wants it.

Our normal rate for the event is £140 but we have agreed a club discount so members can come along for only £120. Passengers can be signed in for just £10 and extra drivers for £35.

We had a couple of Zs on the last day we ran and they luuuurved it so I'm hoping a few of you will want to come along for a play :teeth: .

Please post up any questions that you have or let us know if you'd like to come along and I'll sort out booking details and discount codes :D

Cheers

Steve H

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to do this but a 230mile drive home on bald tyres is probably chancing it a bit :teeth:

I went with my mate last year in his bmw and did this, stayed down the road in a little village and did a whole day of drifting the next day and a full tank of fuel :lol:

It doesnt wear the tyres down much as it is a low grip surface, due to a large glass content or something.

I could be well up for this in the zed this time!

could take the old rays ;)

Hi, i could definitely be tempted by this!

However, i have 3 questions:

Firstly, mine is a tiptronic zed - is that going to make it significantly harder/impossible for me to enjoy a drift day properly? I can get the back end out very easily and the when in tiptronic mode i have quite a lot of control over the gears, but not 100% - i.e. it wont change down if the revs are too high...

Secondly, i have non-brembo brakes - but do have Endless VN pads which are good for fast road - how much brakig is involved on a day like this, as im assuming its not gonna be as heavy as a normal track day...? Im just worried about my brakes going off etc. Any thoughts?

Lastly - im guessing we'll need a helmet - can we rent these on the day?

Thanks for any info - and im very interested.

Chris.

Its like drifting on snow/ice so you wont have any problems i dont think, and as for braking you dont get out of second gear coz its quite tight but the brakes dont get much of a workout, prob same as every day driving.

Last time we hired helmets think it was about tenner.

Would be good to see ya there buddy!

Its like drifting on snow/ice so you wont have any problems i dont think, and as for braking you dont get out of second gear coz its quite tight but the brakes dont get much of a workout, prob same as every day driving.

Alright quality! I've been drifting round my local Tesco's every time i go shopping at night recently with the frosts we've had - so hopefully its as easy as that!!

Will be going to the Oulton Park day as its only 25miles from me :thumbs:

Alright quality! I've been drifting round my local Tesco's every time i go shopping at night recently with the frosts we've had - so hopefully its as easy as that!!

Will be going to the Oulton Park day as its only 25miles from me :thumbs:

Sweet! its a bit longer drive for me 200 odd miles but might as well make a weekend of it :teeth: last time it was ace! even if i was just the pasenger

That's a good start!

Lets go for a list and I'll sort out booking and discounts in a couple of days once everyone had had a chance to see the thread B)

roast350z

Darren-B

marzman

Anyone else wants to come along please shout up!

Steve H

Shame its so far. I would have been up for it, but its not really feasible in a day for me.

Steve: how easy is it for you to book these days at Oulton? The reason I ask is its just down the road from where we meet up for the North Wales Runs. After the past run, quite a few of us thought it would be good to make the next one a 2 day event, Saturday and Sunday with the proper drive on the Sunday. Was thinking it would be awesome if we could arrange this drift day on the Saturday at one of the Wales Runs in the future. Sure you would get loads of interest :teeth:

i was if wondering if there were any cadwell events, its no that far from me, how much was your cadwell day greekman?

Follow Steve's link...dunno if you v been there before...but the track is brilliant...rather technical with mainly one dodgy corner...you ll defo need a whole tank of petrol.... :lol::lol::lol:

And the food is awesome!!! :yahoo:

Oulton Park:

roast350z ?

Darren-B ?

marzman (booked and paid for today )

:yahoo:

Greekman, are you going to the Oulton Park day too then?

Anyone else going? According to the website you get quite a bit of driving time!!

Itinerary:

Signing on 730-830

Briefing 830

Start driving 09:00

Lunch 12:30-13:30

End driving 17:00