06 Roadster vs 09 Coupe - difference?

had ham

Hello chaps...

New here (hello)...

I've just chopped an '06296 GT Roadster in for a new '09 313GT Coupe (got a bloody good deal) which will be here in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if I can expect much difference in terms of pace, handling, grip..

Any views? Might help add to the anticipation a new car!

welcome! :D

313 has

more bhp and torque

more colours

different dash layout from older zeds think 06 is same

slightly different front bumper

different headlights

no cup holder :dry:

handling will be the same but might feel slightly better due to being lighter than a roadster

I went from a 53 coupé to a 56 roadster and back again to an 08 coupé, and what I noticed most during the last change was how solid the car felt compared to the roadster. I was expecting to miss the roadster noise but in actual fact the latest engine (with the dual intakes) sounds better yet. :thumbs:

Hello chaps...

New here (hello)...

I've just chopped an '06296 GT Roadster in for a new '09 313GT Coupe (got a bloody good deal) which will be here in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if I can expect much difference in terms of pace, handling, grip..

Any views? Might help add to the anticipation a new car!

main difference is the roof B)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's here now, and I'm surprised just how different the car feels. The interior feels higher quality?!?! The steering wheel feels thicker and the leather is much more matt rather than half shiney and feels far better to the touch. It handles more 'tightly' and although I have not extended it yet, it does feel more lively.

And rather bizarrely I had an oldish man ask me earlier 'is that the new Ferrari fella?' when I was parked up waiting for a mate at Bishops Stortford station. This never happened in 2.5 years of Roadster ownership.

All in all, I'm as happy as a pig in muck. :teeth: