Im looking at buying one but......

WRX333

Is it unusual for a 53 reg 350Z with under 20k on the clock to have had the clutch, gearbox & flywheel replaced. Does this suggest it been battered? Would YOU buy personally? Please response asap as i am seriously considering buying the car this weekend.

Cheers

if its replacement parts due to wear then dont touch it, it could however have had uprated parts installed? do you know if OEM?

+1 - its not normal but it depends on the circumstances. If its under normal wear and tear, then thats far too early. If its been uprated, then fine, and equally, if the OEM bits were defective then its fine as long as it was done under warrenty (before it ran out). If its been done recently I'd be suspicious.

Might be worth looking for other tell tale signs as well such as pedal wear etc and check the paperwork to see if the mileage is legitamate. Could be that the replaced parts needed doing but the car has done significantly more mileage.

It is a buyers market at the moment so I wouldn't personally rush into anything that you are not 100% about.