P2135 Throttle Position Sensor

rtbiscuit

(not sure if i put in the right place, but can be moved and this bracket section deleted)

the other day my car threw up a CEL, finally got round to getting it checked out at Ekona's with his OBDII reader. it turned out to be p2135 (ekona is that the right one as i had to try and remember the number, but it was the throttle posistion sensor)

we checked it out on the forums and did both a throttle posistion reset, which seemed to do the job, and we also did an ECU reset just to make sure.

we're hoping it was just a gliche error, never to return, but if it does, our guess is the throttle body will need changing.

not a huge problem, but hopefully one i won't need to deal with for a while.

what was more interesting was while we had it connected up to the OBDII we tried to see if the car was using full throttle when you had the pedal to the metal.

when we checked it the car ws only using 89% throttle.

we are guessing that because the pop charger is fitted the car is cancelling this out.

but we tried the same thing again after an ECU rest and there was still no change.

is this normal, does that sound right, or does it sound like the butterfly valve is starting to stick a little.

problem is solved (re: CEL) but i thought you lot might find it interesting.

Regarding the TP sensor, mine went back in May. £1600 to replace.

Regarding the data you have acquired, I find that really interesting, as it is well known that the Zed only produces 90% of its specified power and torque. Could this be a coincidence?

no lights have come back on, still have an all clear. touch wood.

i'm hoping it was just the cold that threw it out.

and Dan do you reckon it might be worth putting yours on the OBDII to see if it reads the same throttle usage of around 90% (or anyone else with an OBDII)

might be woth having a comparison

i know this is slightly off topic, but where is the obd socket located?

Just under the fuel flap/bonnet pop buttons by your right knee.

@Rich: Could do, might give it a shot at the weekend and see what happens. I've had my brother's 07 on it though, and I don't remember it being an odd number but then I wasn't particularly looking for it at the time.

i know this is slightly off topic, but where is the obd socket located?

Just under the fuel flap/bonnet pop buttons by your right knee.

@Rich: Could do, might give it a shot at the weekend and see what happens. I've had my brother's 07 on it though, and I don't remember it being an odd number but then I wasn't particularly looking for it at the time.

did his have any kind of engine mod fitted at the time?

The throttle thing is correct. I get about 85-89% throttle position when giving it pedal to the metal.

Ripped from TechnoSquare website who offer ECU reflashing in the US.

http://www.technosquareinc.com/nissanintro.htm

Introduction of NISSAN Flash ECU Reprogramming

After exhaustive research and development on both the hardware and software, Technosquare is offering ECU flash reprogramming of flash type Nissan ECUs for racing applications and performance enthusiasts.

Current Nissan ECUs come with VERY sophisticated engine control functions, such as a constant O2 sensor feed back system and torque management by an electronic throttle control system. In another words, the ECU has complete control of the engine, not you. When it comes to performance modification and driving, these systems will get in your way, as the factory ECU is set to work best with the stock configuration of the vehicle and ordinary drivers.

When you start modifying your Nissan, you will find it very difficult to gain output by just adding performance parts. In some cases, you even lose some power and torque. Since the ECU is unable to automatically detect the modifications you made to your engine, it will still try to work within the parameters set for stock condition.

The Technosquare ECU flash changes these parameters to the specification of the performance parts installed, so the ECU knows how to behave under modified configuration and fully utilize the intended capability of those new parts.

The Technosquare ECU flash also changes the electronic throttle control setting.

Even if you push the gas pedal to floor, it doesn't mean your throttle is opening 100%.

Nissan sets the throttle characteristic for various particulars, such as torque management for drivability, or Venturi effect for faster induction and more. This is fine for the average Joe content to run his car stock, but a lot of enthusiastic drivers find it very annoying.

Technosquare puts you in control of the throttle (but still maintaining VDC or TRC features), so when you step on the gas pedal all the way, the throttle opens all the way and stays open.

As the result, engine can utilize higher flow intake and exhaust system improving (optimizing ?) throttle response.

This feature is exclusively available ONLY from Technosquare.

sadly no one in the uk offers an ecu reflash as far as i'm aware.

good to know its normal :blush:

It is a real shame that no one offers it in the UK AFAIK. They would for sure make back whatever it costs to buy the TechnoSquare system (if possible) in no time, so many people want it! :surrender: