The search starts

craigo

Hi All.

Looking for an opinion really.

It looks as though at a push I might be able to get into an 06 facelifted Z rather than an 05. (14.5K / 15K or so for a GT, Rays) There is quite a jump in prices though (as you would expect) I know the actual changes between the cars, but basically is it worth stetching for the 06 version? I intend to keep the car pretty standard. Cheers.

Matter of opinion I think. I believe the interior is slightly better quality in parts. The headlights and MUCH better. The engine has a few more BHP but less torque......

Someone like ebized might compare as he has owned both.

Hi Craig

You can find my opinions on the 276 & 296 on page 2 this thread:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

At the end of the day it is how much money you want to spend and if you were into modding then buying a 276 for less money and spending the rest of your cash on mods of your choice is a good option. I mention that as so many say they will be keeping the car standard and then the bug steps in. ;)

Good luck :thumbs:

I agree the lights are fantastic, but make sure you have got some warranty left.

The rev up engine (296bhp) is notoriously thirsty on oil, I had to have a new short engine on mine (under warranty of course) at only 22K miles

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

MAB wrote:

The rev up engine (296bhp) is notoriously thirsty on oil, I had to have a new short engine on mine (under warranty of course) at only 22K miles

Blimey, i new short motor at 22K, scary. What would i look for to ensure that i dont get stuck with one which needs the same?

I agree the lights are fantastic, but make sure you have got some warranty left.

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Welcome back, long time no hear!

The 296 has had reports of being more thristy on oil I agree.

Thanks Matey,

yes it has been a while, work a bit crazy :scare::scare:

While my engine was being replaced they were doing another 06MY which had even fewer miles on the clock.

even so it seems it does not affect all, but more than the older engine.