hello from a newbie :)

bhavin85

The insurance was a problem when I first got my celica that was 4.5 years ago, ive checked and at 23 with 1yrs NCB insurance is about 1900 which isnt to bad, or so i keep on telling myself haha.

I remember deciding about these wheels, they are light, and even though priced to sell, they arnt half bad, my only reserve on these is that offsets are not aggressive enough, you really want the rear to be aggressive, but thats down to a matter of opinion. Look forward to seeing how ya gonna mod it, dont get nos yet get use to driving it, I had nos on mine, different world bud :thumbs:

Ahh right i see what you mean about a non-aggressive fitment, the rears only come in a 18 X 9.5" which i dont think would be big enough....what is the normal staggered fitment people get on a Z? 19 x 9 at the front and 19 x 11 at the back?

I do like that look though so something similar in gold will work well i think! either that or I got with a matt bronze and black similar to this:

07-11-01-lexus-project-is-f-by-five-axis-1.jpg

then paint/power coat the doar handles, Z'd badge and maybe tail pipes (if its possible) a similar colour..[/img]

I am gonna hold off on NOS till the summer as I wanna get to learn the car before i put more power into it! I street race :blush: with a few fellas around west london so need to be putting down about 300 at the wheels to keep up!!

The width of the wheel is onething but the offset is different, all depends how much you want to spend, if you get split rim you can make the rims as aggressive as you want, but keep it mind you got to clear the brembo callipers and they are quite chunky. When you get close to the time of getting the wheels, this forum will look after you in making the right size decision dont worry :thumbs:

The insurance was a problem when I first got my celica that was 4.5 years ago, ive checked and at 23 with 1yrs NCB insurance is about 1900 which isnt to bad, or so i keep on telling myself haha.

I remember deciding about these wheels, they are light, and even though priced to sell, they arnt half bad, my only reserve on these is that offsets are not aggressive enough, you really want the rear to be aggressive, but thats down to a matter of opinion. Look forward to seeing how ya gonna mod it, dont get nos yet get use to driving it, I had nos on mine, different world bud :thumbs:

Ahh right i see what you mean about a non-aggressive fitment, the rears only come in a 18 X 9.5" which i dont think would be big enough....what is the normal staggered fitment people get on a Z? 19 x 9 at the front and 19 x 11 at the back?

I do like that look though so something similar in gold will work well i think! either that or I got with a matt bronze and black similar to this:

07-11-01-lexus-project-is-f-by-five-axis-1.jpg

then paint/power coat the doar handles, Z'd badge and maybe tail pipes (if its possible) a similar colour..[/img]

I am gonna hold off on NOS till the summer as I wanna get to learn the car before i put more power into it! I street race :blush: with a few fellas around west london so need to be putting down about 300 at the wheels to keep up!!

The width of the wheel is onething but the offset is different, all depends how much you want to spend, if you get split rim you can make the rims as aggressive as you want, but keep it mind you got to clear the brembo callipers and they are quite chunky. When you get close to the time of getting the wheels, this forum will look after you in making the right size decision dont worry :thumbs:

And will mock you forever if you make the wrong choice! :lol::lol::lol:

:welcome:

with a factory kitted Nismo kit and has to be a GT, but i guess you could only get the Nismo kit if the car was a GT spec

Is no one going to tell him that not all Nismo zeds are GT's?

Any more progress on buying a cheap z Liam so you are able to attend the run?

hi to a familiar face.

celica rocks ;-)

i was very close to securing a deal on a 350z, but as it fell through, i've not really looked again. the car i have does exactly what i want circular of 270bhp with more torque than a celica 190 by far, and have decided against a zed for several reasons (but still great cars from out from the box).

for your interest my TT to insure when i was 24 was about a third of your 350z quote ;-)

hi to a familiar face.

celica rocks ;-)

i was very close to securing a deal on a 350z, but as it fell through, i've not really looked again. the car i have does exactly what i want circular of 270bhp with more torque than a celica 190 by far, and have decided against a zed for several reasons (but still great cars from out from the box).

for your interest my TT to insure when i was 24 was about a third of your 350z quote ;-)

TT as in audi TT? :blush:

nice the car I had before the Z was the limited edition quattro sport 1.8 audi tt, i had it remapped by the tt shop to 280bhp so they said, but I gotta say it was so unresponsive boring no thrill drive. before this I had the 3.2 dsg which was even worse just thirstier. Heres pics of my old one:

side1.jpg

inside1.jpg

When I got the Z the power delivered was so much different, so much rawer, you felt like every inch of the road travelled was an experience. I got to say even though similar bhp you really cant compare the two on delivery they are worlds apart B)

zedrush, awesome car. 280bhp from a remap is pushing the boundaries. which remap was it, skn? heard mix reviews about ttshop. you should have gone to vagcheck ;-)

BTW, what reg was that one, as i've seen someone on the tt forum looking at black QS with baseball leather, and that's rare, so could be your old motor.

zedrush, awesome car. 280bhp from a remap is pushing the boundaries. which remap was it, skn? heard mix reviews about ttshop. you should have gone to vagcheck ;-)

BTW, what reg was that one, as i've seen someone on the tt forum looking at black QS with baseball leather, and that's rare, so could be your old motor.

It was a 55 plate but doubt it was the same as heard the guy who bought it off me wrote it off unless its been fixed. I had the recaro racing seats in there, but told tt shop to swap em cos they were so uncomfortable. It was their own remap I had a bmc carbon air filter, and magnex exhaust, the chip was stage one, so they said was pushing around 280bhp, which I highly doubt, the car standard was 240. Just really didnt feel I was part of the action when going high speeds in it :blush:

zedrush, i'm just going to copy this link to someone on ttforum, as they are ready to pick it up and thought i would share any info which might be useful to the other guy. you might get a PM from a random, if that's ok.

rgds