Plenum spacer install.

neodc

Hi guys, i just got the motodyne spacer, in its instructions its says all the stuff needs to be tightened by inches tq, not lbft, at the back of the manual it says if you dont have one then do it by hand, and just go easy with it, its safe to do it by hand..

I have been everywhere in my town, to guys with toolboxes with 20ks worth of equipment in and noone has a inch tourque wrench.

Out of all the people on here, who did it by hand, or lowest ftlb setting, or found a inch tq tool

Cheers

Dave

Just tried to attach convert.exe but it's not allowed.

Try a search for it. It's an excellent little program that I use every day at work!

Whop said getting black goo out the ground was easy..... :lol:

The plenum spacer is exactly that. Ibrings the front of the plenum up so more air goes to the front two cylinders.

It gives an improvement in midrange and it probably the best NA mod you can actually do.

Nope. Well maybe to get a 'power gain' but you notice the increase in mid range straight away (well I did with my V+ plenum replacement)

It's sorting a problem really as it even up the air distribution I believe.

That wants to be a pretty good noticeable difference for that price, I wonder how it might feel coupled with an uprated fuel pressure regulator...B)

Not something I'm seen run on NA Zeds.

The thing is, the ECU cancels out most mods however it can't cancel the plenum. I thought it was fairly cheap actually....

Not something I'm seen run on NA Zeds.

The thing is, the ECU cancels out most mods however it can't cancel the plenum. I thought it was fairly cheap actually....

Why not, the ECU governs the injectors, not the fuel pressure regulator doesn't it?

Correct me if i'm wrong - pretty sure i'm not though ;) but uprated fuel pressure regulators don't make any noticable difference (eg. 1 bhp) on NA cars, or cars without a lot of work anyway. I fitted one to one of my old cars, and it made absolutely no difference. Surely the standard FPR can deal with pumping that little more fuel in anyway. Is the point of the spacer just to free up the starvation to the front two cylinders anyway, so you wouldn't need that extra pressure, unless the car is specificly set up to pump less fuel into them cylinders than the others anyway? Plus if you are bypassing the ecu (if it doesn't pick up on a higher fuel pressure) then it surely will pick it up on the lambda sensors anyhoo - just think that would be a total waste of money as im sure they will be over £200 - for a couple of bhp at most. You would have to couple it with uprated injectors and pump as well.

The idea of the plenum spacer is the following

The Motordyne plenum spacers alleviate an airflow restriction that exists above the first two intake runner inlets. The inside top of the stock plenum is very close to the top of the lower plenum runner inlets. There is only about 1/8" clearance between the first two inlets and the plenum cover. This creates a significant air flow restriction that reduces engine breathing and power output.

By removing this restriction you add more mid range power by allowing the front 2 cylinders to burn the fuel more efficiently. ;) I also beleive that this was included in the newer revisions of the engine (07 onwards?)

• 2 weeks later...