Instead of the GT-R

Tere

Its a roadsport but has a tweaked VHPD engine, 205 BHP in a 525Kg car makes for lots of fun. Has no drivers aids, no power assisted brakes let alone ABS. No stability control just the throttle-clutch-brake and and steering that only has 3/4 turn lock to lock.

The elise is bogo execpt nitrons, nut sure about honda (220-300bhp) or Audi (250-300BHp) upgrade as in 3 minds about E.T.

Now only if I could drive the things well.

Back to OP, please get some videos up as always prefer cars in action compared to stationary pics.

what Caterham have you got mate? My dad has a 1.6k supersport (140bhp) and its such a fun car to drive, we went down to south of spain in it last year!!

Hey Tere I get the impression you are very excited about your new aquisition & obviously want to share it with all of us. :lol::lol::thumbs:
The '03 350 is still my car of choice for the track -- it's far more precise in cornering (of course it's purposefully set up for the track). On the typical track, all the Viper's torque doesn't get you much since it's not quite as good in the corners. Even with some suspension tuning, I doubt that it will corner as good as the 350.

We'll see what happens -- we might do the ACR suspension on it. The ACR T6060 tranny would also be a little improvement. Most of the Gen 4 Viper stuff bolts right up to a Gen 3 Viper.

Just need to be extra careful with it mate.

My brother's best friend had a supercharged Viper making about 650bhp, then one day, as he was cruising around in the autobahn in 4th gear, he made a move to take over someone in front of him and the car out of nowhere started to spin around from sidewall to sidewall.

He concluded that it was a combination of too much torque, no electronics and crap suspension setup.

But to lose traction so badly and so suddenly in 4th is scary.

I hope you enjoy your new car mate, just give it some time to get used to its character. :)

Just need to be extra careful with it mate.

My brother's best friend had a supercharged Viper making about 650bhp, then one day, as he was cruising around in the autobahn in 4th gear, he made a move to take over someone in front of him and the car out of nowhere started to spin around from sidewall to sidewall.

He concluded that it was a combination of too much torque, no electronics and crap suspension setup.

But to lose traction so badly and so suddenly in 4th is scary.

I hope you enjoy your new car mate, just give it some time to get used to its character. :)

'mate' is a jet fighter plane pilot and is also a woman B)

LOL... Yep, if you jab the throttle in any gear on the Viper with the front wheels slightly turned, it will turn around and bite you in the asp. Throttle technique has to be smooth to bring the torque on evenly to the wheels. The Quaife LSD improves even torque distribution to the wheels. Suspension tuning and proper alignment are also factors. Unlike a lot of cars, the Viper is one that takes 100% of your attention on the road. The second you don't pay attention, it will rear up and show its fangs.

The 350 is incredibly stable at over 150, so much so that it's boring. The Viper is not as stable -- it will go over 200 mph, but at that speed, it's a big handful of car even for seasoned drivers. The reason the ACR has that big wing is the car needs incredible rear downforce -- the wing generates up to 1,200 pounds of downforce to give it stability. The coupe has a different aero design on the rear than the roadster, so the roadster is the least stable of the three Viper models at high speeds.

Fourth gear in the Viper is 1:1 (the gear you use for your dyno numbers) -- 5th and 6th gears are "overdrives".

If you're into shredding tires, one of the top drift drivers in the world has won championships driving Vipers -- they go sideways so well. :D

Very nice Tere B)

The petrol station will be your best friend :teeth:

What is the fuel consumption like?

It gets about the same as my '03 350Z when I'm putting the pedal to the metal.

Freeway cruising is interesting -- in 6th gear at 70 mph it's practically at idle rpm. At 100 mph in 6th, she's only turning 1,800 rpm. So, sedate highway cruising isn't too bad in the fuel department. The Viper only has an 18 gallon tank, which you can suck dry pretty quickly with the pedal to the floor.

Lol, and that 2003 of yours ain't no slouch. Is it. ;)

So is the ASP getting lots of road time at the moment Tere?

Very nice Tere B)

The petrol station will be your best friend :teeth:

What is the fuel consumption like?

It gets about the same as my '03 350Z when I'm putting the pedal to the metal.

Freeway cruising is interesting -- in 6th gear at 70 mph it's practically at idle rpm. At 100 mph in 6th, she's only turning 1,800 rpm. So, sedate highway cruising isn't too bad in the fuel department. The Viper only has an 18 gallon tank, which you can suck dry pretty quickly with the pedal to the floor.

Lol, and that 2003 of yours ain't no slouch. Is it. ;)

So is the ASP getting lots of road time at the moment Tere?

LOL... I took old Black Cherry out for a spin yesterday. The FLYIN Z never disappoints -- she's very quick and nimble. I'm almost tempted to take the 350 on the next Viper hill country cruise to show the Viper folks a real "bad asp" in the twisties.

I had to laugh yesterday. My oldest son was over with his 350 -- the Viper was totally surrounded by 350s (and the 300). LOL... 5 cars and only 10 seats.

My oldest grandson also had his Viper at the house, so that evened the score a little.... :D:D:D

I think that one could do with lowering a bit Tere ;)
That and some new rubber on the back -- he's almost got the rear tires worn out doing power slides. The thing goes 5 mph in high gear so he comes downhill and throws the wheel to the stop flipping the back end around with the pedal still to the floor.

Yesterday, he spotted a red SRT-10 on his way over to the house, and told his dad that that was his "snake car." Uh oh... :D

Tere looks fab B) Thats what you call a beast non of yer pumped up steriod numbers we have on our highstreets here!! :lol:

did I see Chris mention a Viper as a Taxi?

One of my ambitions is to do the Nurburgring in a Viper - obviously a taxi and not me driving

Viper as a Taxi cab! Now that would be fun! :lol::lol:

Imagine the hotel porter saying' Your taxi has arrived sir' - and pointing to that! wow!

Tere - That thing is cool!

I'm sure in a a year or two there will be a 'tisch' or the over run too! ;)

Very impressive beast!

Thanks y'all. It is a totally unrefined beast with absolutely no road manners. It's so completely different to drive than the 350 -- aside from 4 wheels, the two cars have nothing in common. :D

Just west of San Antonio we have what's called the "Texas Hill Country" that has some incredibly fun (and challenging) driving roads. Y'all can probably relate to very narrow roads with no shoulders -- add 6-8 very tight turns per mile and incredible elevation changes and you're on a hill country road. We have one 95-mile loop called the "Three Sisters" -- three twisty ranch roads. Folks come from all over to ride the Three Sisters. Google: texas three sisters

Any time any of y'all happen to visit the provincials across the pond and are passing through San Antonio, just let me know and we'll take some cars out for a cruise! :D:D:D

that sounds like a club meet to me! B):teeth:

Lol, I reckon. Party at Tere's! :yahoo::drive1:gathering::group: