Exhaust On its way out??

Rob_Quads

This morning I noticed the exhaust was a bit noiser than normal. Looking under i can see that it looks like its leaking on the backbox side of the join between backbox and middle section.

Heres a pic after the engine has run for a few minutes

Exhaust.JPG

Not the best timing as its entering my winter holiday time :(

lol - doesn't sound promising. Was it just on that weld and then it just went.

I guess due to how corroded the join is its a case of replacing it back to the cats?

Mine was pretty much the same, had a scoprion on for a bit, is a really good bit of kit for the money :thumbs: , Go for it :thumbs:

I guess due to how corroded the join is its a case of replacing it back to the cats?

Just back to the Y pipe mate.

Fletch

+1 but i guess if your 3 quarters of the way there then i personally would go the whole way and get a stainless y-pipe (you'd be suprised how heavy it is) :thumbs:

Unless you get something like a dc system which is from the cat back and has no need for a y-pipe.

My exhaust gave it up on tuesday & broke in that exact place in Photo on first post. I am now in need of an exhaust. I would quite like to replace the "Y" pipe also. Car is 53 plate & done 62.5k Miles. Been looking at 2 on ebay, the Magnex cat back system & the Mongoose. Both look identical. Looking at these as just want something looking fairly standard & not too noisey but Stainless. :p