What's it Worth?

greido

Though I'm loving my Zed I'm considering selling it, I'm gonna be doing a lot of miles in the next few months and I really could do with something more practical.

I don't want to give it away for peanuts and in the current climate I can't see there being a huge demand; does anyone have a realistic idea of what I can expect to get for it? - It's a 56 plate GT, 296bhp, Black with Black Leather, 26,000miles, Registered Dec'06. Standard except for NISMO Induction kit and slightly tinted windows.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how much I might expect to get selling the car privately and if any of you have had any experience of selling your Zed in the current climate.

Any input would be appreciated,

G

Having just bought one I maybe able to help, I paid 12k for a 2006 55 Zed roadster with GT and Sat nav as well as an aftermarket fitted bluetooth. Only done 19k and has 6 months tax.

That was with some pretty hard negotiation and most of a similar spec wouldnt take that price. So I would think in this market you may struggle to get 15k but would easily get 13k to 14k on a quick sale.

Having just bought one I maybe able to help, I paid 12k for a 2006 55 Zed roadster with GT and Sat nav as well as an aftermarket fitted bluetooth. Only done 19k and has 6 months tax.

That was with some pretty hard negotiation and most of a similar spec wouldnt take that price. So I would think in this market you may struggle to get 15k but would easily get 13k to 14k on a quick sale.

What colour is your zed?

having tried to sell mine recently and then decided that selling the zed was a rediculous idea cause i love it :thumbs: , i can say that sarnies guestimate of about 14-15k is about right, i was offered 16k for mine with nismo wheels and 8000 miles less on the clock, same year/spec etc..

altho bizarrely the nismo wheels are now worth more than i brought them for but thats another conversation!

What colour is your zed?

Mine is Grey! why do you ask?

I understand what the original poster is saying about wanting something more frugal as he plan's on doing more mileage soon, but surely the level of depreciation on the car incurred in a market like todays would negate any saving made with buying a more frugal car?

I would personally sit tight as your likely saving would be about £20 per tank of fuel. Even if you fill up once a week thats still only a £1040 saving per annum and I bet you will lose more than that (compared to what your car should be worth) given todays low low prices...

Hope I have made sense there :wacko::wacko::wacko: lol

Thanks for the responses guys, I had thought myself that the car would be worth around the £15.5k mark, I suppose like anyone else in the same situation you always think your car's worth more than it actually is.

I'll assess the situation after the New Year and take it from there, I'm not anywhere near desperate for a sale so if I didn't get any decent offers I'd hold onto the car, it's not exactly a hardship and I agree with Nate that in the grand scheme of things, the added fuel cost is a drop in the ocean (Though I wish I could fit a couple of pairs of ski's into it too)

Thanks again,

G

I know what you are going through buddy as I have been through the same dilemma many a time :) lol

With it being such an uncertain market, whilst I have no doubt at all that such a pristine example of a car as yours "should" fetch £15-£16k. I have a few friends who are perhaps stating the obvious that private buyers are drying up, whilst dealers / traders are offering stupidly low prices with a view that if people are desperate they will get a bargain but if people ask more towards the guide price (i.e what its actually worth), then they don't want to tie their money up and take the risk.

One of my mates works for the main Audi dealer here in Bristol and the way these dealerships work is that every car is bought in is financed by the bank (they own not one car). Generally they are confident of turning every car around in a maximum of 90 days (either by selling to you or I) or as it approaches 90 days, to a trader.

He reckons that every car on their forecourt at the moment is discounted so heavily that every single one owes them at the very least £2/3k (some as much as £10k loss compared to what they paid). Goes to show what a desperate market it is at the minute.

I guess there is no harm in using the free channels such as PistonHeads etc to keep your options open (i.e trawl for a buyer), you just never know who might be looking and its an enthusiast car as somebody else said.

I do however think that those in a position to buy are wising up to the fact that they can pretty much offer whatever they want and get a deal somewhere along the line.

My thoughts still stand in that is it really worth discounting your car by £2/3K just to get a sale when you could actually run the car with that for 3 years with a fuel difference of approx £1k per annum when compared to a more frugal car?

Just get a roof rack for the Ski's and keep the Z... you know it makes sense :thumbs:

Sorry to ramble on but you'd be surprised to learn just how much I have p*ssed away this past 24 months on cars. Only now do I feel completely contempt with what I have and in hindsight I wish I still had the money i'd frittered away as Im sure I'd be looking at a GTR or something by now :( lol