Headlight advice needed....

IanS

Hi guys,

Managed to have a mare tonight :bang:

So my front indicator bulb stopped working...when checking the connection managed to knock the bulb into the headlight housing.... :angry: Some searching on here reveals that the bumper has to come off to get the headlight out.

Made some attempts to rescue it with a long piece of wire with some sticky tape on the end. Typically, no luck getting it out. I needed to drive home by which point the bulb has worked it way to the bottom of the light housing and in my enthusiasm to get it out have managed to scratch the reflective silver panel above the main beam bulb [its a gunmetal 2004 UK GT with Xenon's].

Does anyone know where I can get hold of replacement internal plastic pieces for the lights.

Already planning on when I can get the bumper off - but never removed Xenon's before - is there anything I need to watch out for?

Cheers

Paul T is the best bet I guess.

The bumper only needs unhooked, not removed. You don't have to remove the screws that hold the undertray if you don't want to.

Nothing else, just a 10mm socket set and a srewdriver to prise out the plug connecter off the bulb.

Obviously don't handle the glass on the bulbs.

what a bummer....i dont have any internals at the moment but should have a set at the weekend, removing the lights and bumper isnt a big job, pm me and ill send you over a guide

i could always do you a custom set of headlights ;)

Have done exactly that! I removed the bumper as it was easier to get to one of the screws.... You do have to remove the arch liners too! 6 poppers off the top, 5 or 6 screws under the bumper then 3 screws under the arch on each side, they are where the bumper joins the fender...

Remove headlamp, think its 3 screws, wobble headlamp until the offending bulb drops out then put it all back together!!

re the silver bits, what side is it? PaulT, I could reroute the light we talked about to IanS if its the same side...And ask him to make th same arrangement....

Hmm getting more and more interested in new lights now....must resist temptation!

Anyone know where I can get hold of the 2007 onwards Xenons....the revised ones?

Its the drivers side headlight BTW.......

you can get them from the states for around £1000 :scare:

rare as rockin horse poo round these parts :lol:

I could have a set of internals available from my 2003 350z Xenon's...

I have the complete opposite problem in that the external plastic lens of my lights are cracking, but all the internal bits are 100% perfect.

I am in constant contact with Paul RE getting some after market ones, so might be looking at flogging the internal's unless I can find some clear lens's for the lights at a reasonable price.

No idea what they would be worth or what you'd be willing to pay though?

Regards, Nathan...