*THE GREAT 350Z TUNNEL RUN*

M350ZB

I haven't got a problem with it, but given the amount of monitoring that goes on in that tunnel I'm not convinced that they'll be too impressed with a group of loud sports cars driving through it repeatedly whilst either a) speeding or B) slowing right down then gunning it in 2nd gear, and capturing it all on film.

Even the seasoned tunnel runners only ever used to do the crossing once for this very reason, and preferred to head into central London to take in some of the tunnels there. How I'd know that though, I don't know. ;)

I'm not trying to be a killjoy here as whenever I go through it I very often do B), but then I'm only ever going one way and carry on normally the other side. You may well get lucky and have a brilliant time, but then you may well get stopped and done for various petty offences. I think it's only fair that people know the risks.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe a trip thre the tunnels from thurrock services, back threw, then head into london if someone knows a good end location or some good routes, bit like the docklands run, was some good vidz on you tube about that.

And Darren , your bro more than welcome to come along, be good to get some good pics and vidz B) ,

so what you guys thinking then ? ? ?

Just bought one of them stick on the window type camera stands for my video cam, so im ready :teeth:

Whe'd you get that from roast ?, and love it :lol::thumbs: , Camera man is sorted then :teeth:

Went to a show at ally pally yesterday, got it for 30 quid :D the guy said he supplies loads of stuff to f1 teams B) so it should add atleast 50bhp :lol:

in all honesty i hope you dont lose your camera, i lost one at bedford, after it rolled up my bonnet and broke my windscreen :blush:

Jesus, defo dont want that happening :headhurt: , So what are we thinking with this meet, all meet at thurrock ? ? ?

sounds like an idea to me, or maybe bluewater? coz might have quite a few coming from the other side of the water

either one is good for me, suppose get more tunnels :lol: , So what we gonna say meet at bluewater, then anyone got any ideas ? ? ?

Just set a route up mark and a place to meet, then if people can make it there good, if not arrange meeting points on the way....

If you do an early morning meet at Bluewater, say 5am and arrange to end at Ace Cafe for Breakfast... I think they open on Sundays at about 8am...

:scare: , now thats an early one for sure, :lol: !

Anyone know any good routes to get to Ace's Cafe, and if there are any jap meets there soon ?, Never really ventured up that way before !!!!!

Does sound like a good idea though, meet at either bluewater or thurrock then head into london :thumbs:

Come on Mark, this is your Tunnel Run.... Use google maps, put in the start and end points and then move the route to fit in the tunnels..

If you put up a suggested route people can then give you feedback..

If you dont put something up it will just be the case of loads of "got any ideas??" posts.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid ... q=ACE+CAFE . Links at the top show diary. No meets will happen that early but there have been a few TVR meets (there was one last weekend ;) that included a tunnel run!) recently but I dont think any more are planned this year.....

roast350z will have two choices of car to bring then :lol: unless it has sold?

Now come on Mark sort this route out :teeth:

In the new year after all this christmas stuff has settled down, I will do a run, "Inviting all the essex boys (and surrounding ares) to kent" I know quite alot of good roads though kent, thanks to the seloc club.

roast350z will have two choices of car to bring then :lol: unless it has sold?

Now come on Mark sort this route out :teeth:

In the new year after all this christmas stuff has settled down, I will do a run, "Inviting all the essex boys (and surrounding ares) to kent" I know quite alot of good roads though kent, thanks to the seloc club.

Sold it :teeth:

so just the zed or work van or vw vento left to choose from :lol:

Will look forward to your run in the new year then bud :thumbs:

"the great white van tunnel run" pmsl :lol: , could allways bring a work van too, :lol: , that would make 3 !

Right wth regards to dates im thinking in the new year as roast sort of suggested, just its quite close to x-mas, and will also give people plenty of time to mod a bit more, unless of course can get good numbers before new year ? ? ?

Thread is failing........ Put up a few dates and a route mate, then people will say yes or no....

BTW at the moment its known for the blackwall tunnel to be closed overnight until Sunday @ 7am

O.K cheers for that bud, will make a route up tonight and some dates for it e.t.c :thumbs:

might also bbe worth checking with people in the know on which tunnels are speed camera fitted, as some people occassionally and accidentially slip over the limit when making noise in tunnels. and giving people a heads up might help the over enthusiastic people out there.

most have signs up anyway. but they are deviously hidden