newbie here advice needed please (buying black 350 soon!)

Hi guys

Been browsing the site for the last few months now so thought i would finally register as I am currently looking for a 350z. i have 25K to spend so I think I can get a late 2004/2005

Ideally I would like a black one with alezan leaher and sat nav (if I can find it)

Currently there is only one on autotrader at the moment which i may go see shortly

My main concern is that I have heard a few horror stories about the 350z paint quality especially the Kuro black. One dealer has even said that he would not sell me a black one because they have apparently suffered from blistering and excessive stone chipping. Dont know how true this is so i would appreciate the opinions of anyone with a black version. Not really worried about anything else as it seems to be a very solid car

Apart from that if anyone is selling and you have the spec that I am after please can you let me know!

many thanks

Hi Mate,

Not heard anything specific on Kuro. The paint is as all modern cars, i.e. water based so soft. I've got paint protection film on mine, fitted from new. This means simply no stone chips. I've got Paintshield. The other system available is Armourfend.

Keep looking and don't rush. For £25k you should get a good 'em and with the 06 model shipping shortley the 05's wll start to take tumble. We've even seen a GT4 go recently for less than £25k.

Cheers

K

Hi guys

Ideally I would like a black one with alezan leaher and sat nav (if I can find it)

many thanks

Sounds like mine mate, including the Sat Nav!!!

Mine does have swirl marks, but I wax it EVERY sunday to keep it gleaming ( See Below): :thumbs::teeth::teeth:

car.jpg

Hi guys

many thanks

Sounds like mine mate, including the Sat Nav!!!

Mine does have swirl marks, but I wax it EVERY sunday to keep it gleaming ( See Below): :thumbs::teeth::teeth:

car.jpg

Wow there's dedication. I polished mine on Sunday for the first time this year.. :blush:

Hi guys

Been browsing the site for the last few months now so thought i would finally register as I am currently looking for a 350z. i have 25K to spend so I think I can get a late 2004/2005

Currently there is only one on autotrader at the moment which i may go see shortly

My main concern is that I have heard a few horror stories about the 350z paint quality especially the Kuro black. One dealer has even said that he would not sell me a black one because they have apparently suffered from blistering and excessive stone chipping. Dont know how true this is so i would appreciate the opinions of anyone with a black version. Not really worried about anything else as it seems to be a very solid car

Apart from that if anyone is selling and you have the spec that I am after please can you let me know!

many thanks

B) have one available with 18 miles on clock, o5 plate at £26750. call or email me

Guest prescience
Stone chipping - yes ( but varies greatly from car to car )

Blistering - he's talking b0llocks

Gus

Spot on mate - must've missed this thread. That really is cr*p about blistering** :rant:

** I supoose the dealer might have meant wheels? which do sometimes blister

by the way is this swirling issue on the black that noticeable?

For those of you that own a black one have you regretted your choice of colour based on this

should i just go for gunmetal to be safe??

For those of you that own a black one have you regretted your choice of colour based on this

GM is for Gay Men :yuck::yuck:

Only joking :D:D

Seriously though black is the worst colour dirty :angry:

But the best colour NXT waxed to the hilt :wub:

side.jpg

and.....

car.jpg

love that car mate that is exactly what i wamt.were you on the a406 on monday at early evening as think i may have seen you. if so i was loving the motor mate!

Its got the FF Sat Nav as well matey!!!! :teeth:

Where is the A406?

Improve your car washing regime and you won't have to worry about swirls. ;)

Last car I had was black and I made some mistakes there, but recovered from them by doing my research and improving my technique. Once I got rid of the swirls, I didn't get them again, wash after wash.

Google for Autopia, all the info you need.