Another joyful experience at ELITE DIRECT

Darren-B

My car is cursed at ELITE im sure of it. Started the car this morning, after 2hrs trying to resolve an airbag prob last night, so i get my lovelly clean car out of the garage, get on the mortorway and it starts snowing, nice. Got there at 9.40 thismorning for my MOT, (car covered in s***) hand the keys over, 10minutes later they come and say there is a problem, can i come out to the car in the workshop? :scare: there she is on the ramps (quite a common procedure there as some have whitnessed) hazards flashing, fog lamp on, headlights on, engine running, bonnet open, Sir the keys are locked inside. Somehow they managed to have everything running then lock the keys inside. they then asked have i the spare key on me? now why the hell would i carry the spare with me? :wacko: Now a big problem has arrised, i live in gillingham, kent 35miles away, but my house keys are locked in the car :scare:

"So, lets try and shut down the car" was suggested, so bonnets up, just dis-connect the battery, battery unplugged and the v6 beast lives on, all that v-power burning away but going no-where. They managed finally to get one of there guys to run me back over the water where i meet my bro, who had kindly left work gone to my house and collected my spare keys. 90minutes later got back to the car to find she was still going, let them back in (keeping the spare firmly in my hands) they finish then the MOT in a record 2hrs 20mins :thumbs:

For those who came to the z-club meet a few weeks ago may remember me, put the car in for a straight forward 4wheel alignment :lol: after 7 attempts it was finally sorted. (probably 2hrs20mins)

But i will give the guys at elite some credit, there cafe does great food :teeth: the customer service is pretty good too,

Anyone else had a mysterious self locking car?

hmm Elite are turning into a disaster zone..

my sister recently had her wheels balanced there on her mr2 turbo .. they put one of the front wheels on the back and one of the back wheels on the front.. the tires are different widths (with the back being wider of course!), the front wheel (which had a back wheel on it) was therefore rubbing against the suspension for a nice 250 mile drive to the lake district before it was spotted, mechanic said another couple of hundred miles and it would have worn through the sidewall!

I won't be visiting Elite for any work... :wacko:

btw I hope they refunded you the MOT after that farce...