Skipping Head Unit, Corroding Alloys -good dealer experience

toffeeblock

I've only owned my 06 Zed for a month :) or so but noticed the cd player skipping a lot so wanted the dealer to consider a replacement (This forum helped me with this in a previous thread: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17692)).

Having washed the car the first time I also noticed:

- small corrosion spots on three of the four Rays alloys :scare: (around the central area of the spokes and obviously not the result of a scrape)

- windscreen clip not quite fitted and external trim lifting around one edge as a result

I took the car into my local dealer: West Way, Basingstoke who did the following:

- took the serial code of the CD player and refitted the original, a replacement/refurbishment is now on order (covered under warranty)

- took photos of the 3 corroding alloys to be sent to Nissan HQ, my dealer hopes that all 4 would be replaced (covered under warranty - TBC)

- they tried to fix the windscreen clip, despite it possibly not being an original Nissan screen, but they cracked it. 24hours and a courtesy car later I now have a brand new screen fitted (at their cost of course) which also stopped a little dashboard rattle I was suffering.

I've only had new Fords before under warranty (who will try and avoid anything being covered) and so far I am very impressed with my local Nissan dealer. Positive experiences with dealers/garages often go unreported, but thanks to forums like this one I think it is well worth making reports (good or bad). I'll wait and see how Nissan HQ respond with the replacement of the alloys, but so far so good with West Way, Basingstoke! :thumbs:

SunsetZed: There was another Z owner in at the same time having her boot catch/lifters fixed, she was from Reading so maybe you are right!

I told her about my head unit skipping problem and she has the same problem sometimes (but never used the CD much) and booked it in for a warranty replacement anyway. Maybe I'm not ingratiating myself with Nissan, but I think this forum is a great help.

• 1 month later...

Update: CD player and all four alloys have now been replaced, and they even cleaned the car! However the alloys were a set of "refurbished" wheels unfortunately, but apparently the internal cost was still around £4700 !!!! WTF !!!! If they start to corrode again outside warranty, I think I'll just live with it or get chipsaway to do the job for 50 quid a wheel!

Update: CD player and all four alloys have now been replaced, and they even cleaned the car! However the alloys were a set of "refurbished" wheels unfortunately, but apparently the internal cost was still around £4700 !!!! WTF !!!! If they start to corrode again outside warranty, I think I'll just live with it or get chipsaway to do the job for 50 quid a wheel!

If you do ever need to use ChipsAway (or MyAlloys as they are called in Basingtoke, same team run both of them), tell them Chris with the 350z sent you and you might get a small discount. They do a top job, more than happy to recommend them.

Glad its all sorted btw :thumbs:

Where do they get the cost of £4700 for alloys.Refurbed ones at that.

Who do they expect to believe that.

Especially when I've got a copy of the invoice Nissan sent to my dealer when mine were done, and it was about a 20th of that!