Soon to be 350Z owner

Morning guys,

I am looking to buy a 350Z in the new year, spending between £10k - £12k. I have been looking through the site trying to increase my knowledge on the 350.

Can anyone recommend the model I should ideally be looking at and whether it is best to go for a UK car or an import?

Thanks for any advice,

Jon

Jon,

Basically there are 2 UK models. standard (non GT) and GT which added Leather heated electric seats, Bose and cruise.

JDM had S, T and ST. There are not really any drawbacks to having a JDM car.

The buying guide and sticky items in the JDM section should answer most questions.

Loads of choice about right now.

10 to 12k is an oldish import with extras or older stock UK car. However there are some older UK GT spec cars with higher than average milage on them going for silly money.

Older imports do have some advantages with the early ECU if your modding and tuning.

Do you plan on modding it? If so going for a UK base model will give you the option of ditching the stereo and other bits and use the cash you save to spend on the mods...

Cheers for your replies guys!

Have had previous cars where i have spent far too much tuning them. With the 350 I will probably just keep it simple, wheels, suspension and maybe an exhaust. So I take it the GT is the only model to come with leather?

Cheers for your replies guys!

Have had previous cars where i have spent far too much tuning them. With the 350 I will probably just keep it simple, wheels, suspension and maybe an exhaust. So I take it the GT is the only model to come with leather?

Yep, unless the car has had a retrim obviously!

If your going to do the things above I would go for a uk base model and then either get the seats retrimmed or get some nice comfortable recaros!!

Dude I was like you 1 week ago with 10-12K to spend and after some searching and serious haggling landed on a 05 GT with 20000 miles on it advertised at 15K and walked away with it for 12K.

They're out there fella and it's a buyers market :thumbs: