Am i right to say these are the K1 zorst ?

M350ZB

well your welcome to come up to coventry, i cant admit to having had as much experience at making tea as andrew but there will be a cup here waiting :p

im in kent on saturday but not in the zed! :(

:lol: , bit of a drive buddy, but thanks for the offer :thumbs:

Kent, not to far at all shame ya not in the Zed ............

PM Dragun who has Zedrush's old car - he lives near you.

All-Ready done matey :thumbs: , hoping he gets back to me ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well your welcome to come up to coventry, i cant admit to having had as much experience at making tea as andrew but there will be a cup here waiting :p

unless you want to listen to a 1.0ltr Aygo standard exhaust? I suspect not :p

off to brands so 60+mpg sounds better than 20-mpg

unless you want to listen to a 1.0ltr Aygo standard exhaust? I suspect not :p

off to brands so 60+mpg sounds better than 20-mpg

:lol::lol::lol: fair enouggh buddy !!!!!

Are there any laws about the actual noise level, anyone ever been pulled by the fuzz or anything ?

Wondering if this will fit with my kit, lol, sounds like could be some fun, :lol:

There are no legal limits on the noise the car can make, only the surroundings it makes it in. So, the police advise you that you are disturbing the peace or annoying some chavs whilst there trying to stab a gran or something then it can be deemed as too loud. Ive never been pulled but then i only open the taps fully on country roads and the occasional slip road.

It is also illegal to change an exhaust on a car for the sole purpose of increasing the noise over the standard exhaust, but interestingly you can alter it to increase or decrease performance/mpg.

In regards the track bedford said i can come down and they will test it with their db meter before i pay as i dont want to get banned!

Info on here just so your aware and have things to talk to the nice policeman about...

Info here

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/environ ... noiset3835

http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/information/noise.asp

And from a discussion in parliament...

Vehicles: Exhausts

Lord Teverson asked Her Majesty's Government:

Whether the modification or replacement of motor vehicle exhaust systems in order to produce a greater level of noise is in conformity with European Union type approval regulations; and what enforcement action they will take to discourage any contraventions of the regulations. [HL5603]

21 Oct 2008 : Column WA101

The Minister of State, Department for Transport (Lord Adonis): European-Union-type approval legislation in relation to vehicle noise is primarily concerned with ensuring that new vehicles meet specified noise limits and exhaust standards before they are permitted to enter into service. Mandatory EU-type approval requirements have been transposed into UK regulations.

Control of vehicle noise in service is governed by domestic legislation. Under regulation 54 of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986, as amended, alteration of the exhaust system of a vehicle so as to increase the noise made by the escape of exhaust gases is an offence. The regulation forbids both the alteration of the silencer itself so as to make the vehicle noisier and the alteration of the exhaust system (by, for instance, replacing the silencer with one of a different pattern) so as to make the vehicle noisier.

At MoT, test vehicle testers are required to fail vehicle which are excessively noisy for their type. Enforcement on public roads is carried out by the police, who are able to take action if they suspect a vehicle contravenes construction and use noise, or other, requirements. They have further powers to address noise nuisance under the Police Reform Act 2002 and the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 under which anti-social behavior orders can be served on the vehicle owner, imposing a ban from certain roads or even vehicle confiscation.

Plenty of exhausts out there, just depends what your after, the K1 exhaust is seen to be one of the louder exhausts, nismo as some others have gone up massivly in price. I got a scorpion exhaust of Phil at ESR for £365, sounds good in my eyes, but is a slash cut !!!!!!!!!!11

Seen a few of these blueflame exhausts on ebay, but never seen one of as yet !!!!!!!!!
I think Blueflame have only recently started selling a specific 350Z exhaust. The one mentioned above was a custom job and may well have influenced the design.

There was another owner, Ladyboy, who had one but he disappeared ages ago.

no but if you contact him he can tell you himself! Hes on this site too!!

Alot of boxs? No more than normal!

Straight through dosnt help on the Zed... It needs some back pressure... The Stock zorst is a little restrictive but not that much.. You also need baffles for the right noise, if you come straight through then you dont get a great engine note...