Price for reconditioning alloys / is this a good deal ?

cerealuk

Evening all

having been after a zed for as long as I can remember ive finally hit 25 and the insurance companies not longer laugh at me when i ask for a quote :)

Have found a sexy 2006 (phase 2 300BHP VQ35DE engine) zed on a 56 plate with 38k on the clock for £13k.. seems like a goods price to me :)

Only problems are it needs 2 new front tyres and the front alloys are scuffed.

Picture of this at:

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j42/doubledecka/350z/?action=view&current=013.jpg

Any ideas how much its likely to cost to get the alloys fixed? Also how much for a pair of front tyres (shopping around seems to hint at about £400 for the pair).

Also been told theres a slight scuff on the front bumper (pictures still to come) but this should be easily fixed apparently

Does this seem like a good price to you all baring in mind the work that needs doing ?

Also any other questions i should be asking? are there any major components that are usually due for changing/repairing around this milage ?

thanks in advance for all the help :)

I have a 296bhp 2006 coupe.

I am afraid the car you are looking at is a 276bhp version - immediate tell take signs looking at your pics on photobucket is the interior and the front 'bumper' does not have the indent - see pics below. Nothing wrong with the 276 - but they are advertising somthing it isn't and value-wise it's not such a bargain.

P1020201.jpg

P1020193.jpg

The Rays look repairable - pm me if you want further info.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but better you know before you buy ;)

Colin

I have a 296bhp 2006 coupe.

I am afraid the car you are looking at is a 276bhp version - immediate tell take signs looking at your pics on photobucket is the interior and the front 'bumper' does not have the indent - see pics below. Nothing wrong with the 276 - but they are advertising somthing it isn't and value-wise it's not such a bargain.

P1020201.jpg

P1020193.jpg

The Rays look repairable - pm me if you want further info.

Colin

Thanks so much for that, theres another one near me for £13.5k is 6months older but only has 19k on the clock (however it needs taxing and still 2 new tires). Might be a better buy.

Is it worth holding out for the 296bhp version ?

Whereabouts are you based? If you are near West Sussex, we use a very good place and charge us c£45 per corner for a standard refurb.

im in poole, dorset so bit of a trek, but thanks anyways :)

Hey there, i am in poole as well, i had mine done for £60 a corner I think, still have his card somewhere I think

Colin

Thanks so much for that, theres another one near me for £13.5k is 6months older but only has 19k on the clock (however it needs taxing and still 2 new tires). Might be a better buy.

Is it worth holding out for the 296bhp version ?

Having had both a 276 and now a 296 version I would honestly say that the slightly better torque characteristic of the 276 makes that engine better for the ZED, and although the 296 that does rev a little higher for everyday motoring is barely noticable. There are also some oil consumption issues with some of the 296 engines (not the GT4's) that has been put down to round pistons in oval bores - how true that I'm not sure but it only seems to have affected a small percentage of the 296 engines. I use about a litre of oil every 5k miles, whereas with the 276 engined ZED I had before I found the oil consumption between services was virtually nil.

Where the 296 engined ZED does score is the interior improvements - there is a whole host of details that make it a much more satisfactory place to be - not that there is anything wrong with the former version but again, having had both the present one is far more satisfying in that respect for me.

At the end of the day it down to your budget, but there are so many being advertised at the moment at what are give-away prices, compared to less than 6 months ago, you are bound to find a package that will give you the biggest :teeth: and driving pleasure - believe me I have loads of performance cars before the ZED and nothing comes close to the overall package it offers for the money, hence my sig. :thumbs:

I didnt really notice much difference between the 276 and 296 engine (I owned a 276 engine but just test drive the 296) so I wouldnt base your decision purely on that, the interior improvements on the 296 onwards are well worth it though. Noticed a huge difference between my old 276 and my current 313 engine but this is whole new engine so it's to be expected :)

the interior improvements on the 296 onwards are well worth it though.

Dont suppose you are able to post a photo of the interior of the 296 so i can see the difference ? :)

What more do you want to see than that I posted above :)