Top Gear Live Show, MG TF Horror and Where are the Zeds

manc350z

Ok...

Did anyone get to the MPH show... if you did what did you think.....

Personally I was under whelmed.. live show was ok but a bit.. well... rubbish if I have to be honest... Clarkson May and Hammond were funny but the stunt driving was a bit limited.... best bit was when they drove into the arena in the BMW race car, the MGB stretched convertible limo and the rozzers lexus....

The exotica in the main hall was impressive... some good classics on show also.. was loving the MINT condition Austin Allegro and the SD1 rover.. they looked like brand new... Autojumble was interesting if you are into toy cars, chromed parts for BL cars and old Haynes manuals....

But OMG... why why why why why oh why is that god awful loosely assembled piece of friday afternoon hairdressers garbage MG thing from the nineties being sold again as an MG TF LE 500 :doh: (one presumes the 500 is the GPB per day depreciation from the first you buy it to a zero resale value at around 1 month.... )

I thought MG had flatlined with a do not ressucitate order....

Some geezer tried to give me a brochure... he would have had more chance getting me to take a burning lump of coal from his hands.... and i reckon i can't have done too good a job at hiding my feelings as my hand recoiled so quick when he tried to shove a brochure into it that you would have thought i was trying to avoid shaking hands with a traffic warden..

And all the way from Manc to Brum.. all round the NEC car park and all the way back i didn't spot another single Zed... these things seem pretty rare from the amount i don't see on the roads... My brain tells me that they have been around for what 5 years... they have gotta have sold 5k easy right ??? so where are they hiding... You usually get car spotting syndrome when you get a new one.. i.e you could drive round in your old car, say a BMW, for months never see a single N-350z.. then buy one and i would normally expect to see like 20 in the first month and each of them better than the one i bought.... i have seen one.. it was older than mine and black which looks good but is not the colour for me....

:)

yeah i went to mph in london a while ago and i thought it was rubbish. the live show was purely geared towards families and to put on an entertaining spectacle rather than geared towards petrolheads!!

a right waste of money, wont be going next year!!!!

Went to TG Live here in Dublin last Thursday for opening night. €125 per head including a back stage tour.

Utter load of shite.

Exhibition sucked ass. Most of the cars on display (all for sale) I'd either driven past at some stage in Dublin, seen at other cars shows in Dublin or I know the owners. Cars billed to be on display, eg Koenigsegg, weren't there. Live show itself was a joke. Lads were entertaining as you'd expect but the rest was tat to fill the time. Arena itself was about 75m by 10m so stunt drivers drove up and down doing donuts. Great! As soon as Clarkson said celeb in reasonably priced car I said to my mate if they bring out some Irish wannaby celeb we're out of here. As it turned out we should of walked out anyway. Cool wall was also a joke. They brought out a VW Passat and an Alfa MeToo. The back stage paddock tour was like a cattle market. Herded from one end to the other in record time. Spotted and Gallardo and a GTR that weren't used in the show but by then we just wanted the hell out.

I didn’t have much expectations of it being a good show before hand. I even expected to be somewhat disappointed but still couldn’t believe how @*!# it was. I had at least expected to see some super cars, which you’d be lucky to see once on the road, being driven in the arena. Nope. At best Clarkson brought out that supercharged Mustang and barely touched the throttle.