hoping to buy a z soon

scottsoulby

hi all

ive looked through the guide to buying a z which is very good but didnt mention anything about the engine,

has anyone ever had problems with the engines that could be a common fault?

the car is a 53 plate with 69000 miles on so its done a fair bit but alot of it motorway miles from wales and back,

also, would the engine need a cambelt change or are they chains?

thanks

Scott

i did have, its been taken off autotrader at the moment though, he said he will wait until i get back to him tommorrow, so he sounds desperate to get rid(not sure if thats good or bad), he is going to afganistan and wants to buy a house before he goes, its a azure blue nismo kit for sale for 10k, but im going in with 8750 with the intentions to haggle

the car is a uk and has full service history, clutch replaced and new discs and pads all round

its a nice example and to be fair couldnt find much wrong with it, the few stone chip, but thats to be expected, the tyres are near life end but i would off been changning them anyway as ive heard bad things about the bridgestones, also it was advertised as the GT but it wasnt

just thankful that the Z doesnt have a common problem with the engine