sounds like a supercharger but isn't

neo

for about the last week or so i've noticed a whining/metallic/raspy 'super charger like sound' when i'm travelling along from around 2000-4000rpm, hear it more when in 2nd n 3rd gear.

it does sound like it's coming more from the rear, it may be the silencer imploding :headhurt: , parked up revved the engine to 2000-4000rpm but don't get the same sounds, guess it coz it isn't under or summat :blush:

any suggestions on what it might be ?

I had a mattalic rattle on mine,i thought it sounded like the exhaust was packing up.

I had it in three times,they stripped the rear drive shafts twice but was still getting the rattle.On the third occasion they found a stone trapped against the front brake disc somehow which was causing the noise.

Just something to bear in mind if your having to pay to take it in.

had it's service today, the rear exhaust is cracked and blowing hence the noise :headhurt:

nissan want £528.80 yes thats £528.80 just for the back box, hope it includes fitting n vat, they said do i want one ordering :lol: eeerrrr NO :boxing:

checked it today and all that seems wrong is that it's blowing from where the backbox is bolted to the rest of the system, the backbox itself seems fine :)

damn lazy nissan wanting to replace the entire back box :rant:

checked it today and all that seems wrong is that it's blowing from where the backbox is bolted to the rest of the system, the backbox itself seems fine :)

damn lazy nissan wanting to replace the entire back box :rant:

What more do you expect. They are out to make money, and the majority wont even question it. Their theiving bastewards at the best of times :rant: