Leaking Roadster Roof Help Needed

lnorange

Hi

Had my first 350z for a few weeks now and what fun. Top car with no modern bells and whistles just power.

Slight problem with the drivers side roof during the heavy rain this week as I have a slight leak at the top where the passenger window meets the door rubber. Water is slowly seeping in and a few dribs are on the inside of the door and run onto the carpet. It looks like the rubber is just not tight enough against the window.

can anyone help with this one ??? Is the a common fault? New rubber door seal needed.

Car is a 350z 05 plate roadster.

Thanks (in advance)!!

Les

My Roadster leaks all over the place ....one of the joys:yahoo::);):lol:

Seriously tho' if this is really bothering you then pull off the rubber seal from the body and put a packing in so that the seal is pushed closer to the glass and problem solved

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

A few layers of tape would do the job;)

Hi :D

what i am about to write may not be applicable to your problem, but i have owned a toyota mr2 T-bar from new for 16 years (now a proud owner of a zed roadster as well) i had a similar problem with water seeping through the seal about 5 years ago now, i was advised to remove the door panel and adjust the window upwards, the window frame was on slots which allowed the glass to move in return created a tighter seal and i have never looked back, i dont know if this helps but maybe someone can tell you if the same principal applies.

Just a thought, but is your window closing properly when you shut the door? On the coupe the window drops/raises when you open/close the door and this didn't work properly on mine when i bought it & leaked both sides. Had it fixed under warentee but only took the guy 2 minutes (I think he just reset the mechanism???).

Steve

Had the same issue - the window was a smidge too low when closed and did'nt make enough of a seal with the rubber - you need to either do the reset procedure from the forum or get the window moved a fraction - higher - since m8ine was done its not leaked since (thank goodness!)

:thumbs:

• 14 years later...