failed mot..

janoof1

hi guys , just had my car fail its mot for

Exhaust emissions lamda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits

the range is 0.970-1.030 , mine was 1.055

my car is completely standard uk model apart from jwt intake

any suggestions ?

Check that one of the lambdas on the cats are not unplugged or the wiring damaged.

Bit early for a MOT isn't it? I thought you didn't need one for the first 3 years ?

true +1

sorry my sig is a bit misleading!!!!!!!!!!!!! , i bought it 2nd hand in 2006 and fitted 06 lights , its a 54 plate really!!!!

an update on my problem anyways, the original mot was from kwik fit , only reason why i went there was that i got a free test because im with kwik fit insurance. they also failed my on my plates!!!! i havn't touched them since i picked the car up from a nissan dealer 2 years ago , they claimed my plate had to show post code and BSAU marking, !!!!!

fair to say i was not impressed and felt a little scammed,

i then went to my usual garage , paid 35 for a new test, FAILED again!! , this time however , only failure was that one of my tyres was fitted with rotation in the wrong direction !- at least this was a genuine failure ,(Which kwik fit didn't notice) quickly solved for free! emmisions were perfect and no fault with the plates!

not going to kwik fit again then !!!!!!!

hi guys , just had my car fail its mot for

Exhaust emissions lamda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits

the range is 0.970-1.030 , mine was 1.055

my car is completely standard uk model apart from jwt intake

any suggestions ?

Check that one of the lambdas on the cats are not unplugged or the wiring damaged.

Check you don't have any exhaust leaks too - it it could be a faulty lambda of course.

they claimed my plate had to show post code and BSAU marking, !!!!!

fair to say i was not impressed and felt a little scammed,

They are incorrect with that statement. Only NEW plates made after that law was introduced are required to fulfill that requirement. If the plate was made before the law was introduced (~2 years ago) and met the spacing requirements etc then its 100% legal. Otherwise you would fine that probably 25% of plates on the road are illegal.

only failure was that one of my tyres was fitted with rotation in the wrong direction !- at least this was a genuine failure ,(Which kwik fit didn't notice)

Nissan garage missed this on both my front wheels when they sold me the car, was spotted by an eagle-eyed chap on the Wales run. Fortunately I have a friend with axle stands and all he needed to fix it was a cup of coffee.