Clutch & Flywheel.

Mr A

By the feel of it, my clutch is almost on its way out. Rather then get a standard clutch in, i thought this might be the best time to get a high performance clutch and flywheel (from understanding the labour costs).

Ive got my eye on the jwt clutch & jwt flywheel, as im not running a F.I. system, im hoping these two would be enough to deal with small modifications to the engine.

Has anyone installed any of the both (or both) and if so, what was the outcome?

By the feel of it, my clutch is almost on its way out. Rather then get a standard clutch in, i thought this might be the best time to get a high performance clutch and flywheel (from understanding the labour costs).

Ive got my eye on the jwt clutch & jwt flywheel, as im not running a F.I. system, im hoping these two would be enough to deal with small modifications to the engine.

The excedy clutch is more than up to the job at £250. JWT flywheel Is £315 and makes the car rev more freely, installation of both £350.

The excedy clutch is more than up to the job at £250. JWT flywheel Is £315 and makes the car rev more freely, installation of both £350.

dont suppose you have a less expensive flywheel that would match up to the exedy clutch? also, how different (pressure) would the clutch feel from stock?

and lastly, do you have anyone in london who can do the installation?

dont suppose you have a less expensive flywheel that would match up to the exedy clutch? also, how different (pressure) would the clutch feel from stock?

Most are around the same price only maybe £10- £15 in it.

We use the JWT as it nice and quiet and good value for money.

Speak to Martin (Martinmacc) on here we have recently installed the same combo for him.

As far as fitting in London any competent garage should be able to do it the 350Z is not a difficult one.

Speak to Martin (Martinmacc) on here we have recently installed the same combo for him.

As far as fitting in London any competent garage should be able to do it the 350Z is not a difficult one.

A nissan service centre told me they often replace standard parts for performance parts on customers cars, do you think its worth my while or are they charging bmw-type money these days?

I have no issues with the new setup. It feels very smoth. Phil mentioned that there may be a little more transmission noise but I havent noticed anything significant.

The clutch itself feels very smooth. I have done about 600 miles since installation and it feels very good.

As for the labour cost for fitting it may be straightforward in terms of technical difficulty but it is not quick so no issues with that eiither.

A nissan service centre told me they often replace standard parts for performance parts on customers cars, do you think its worth my while or are they charging bmw-type money these days?

Just depends on their labour rate and how long they want for the job.

It's roughly four hours work.

I have no issues with the new setup. It feels very smoth. Phil mentioned that there may be a little more transmission noise but I havent noticed anything significant.

The clutch itself feels very smooth. I have done about 600 miles since installation and it feels very good.

As for the labour cost for fitting it may be straightforward in terms of technical difficulty but it is not quick so no issues with that eiither.

nice one, so exedy & jwt it is then :thumbs:

Out of intrest how many miles has yours done Mr A? Mines on 50k and biting quite high so i would be looking into doing the same thing as you when it goes.

Ive done very low mileage, somewhere around the 32k mark, clutch is mainly had it because of my brother, everytime i go abroad, he takes the car out and attempts his "tokyo drift" rubbish and what-not. If the car is driven well, then id suspect the gearbox would last a long time.

Having said that, my mates Zed has done 89k on the clock, hes on his 2nd clutch, first one was changed after drift lessons at 57k on the clock.