JDM Alarm

Josh350z

Hi

Had my JDM Fairlady about 6 months now and just wondered the other day if it had alarm!!!

Does anyone know if JDM's have alarms fitted as standard? I have the flashing red light on dash but not sure that means an alarm is fitted.!

Have had and imobilizer fitted for SVA but if anyone can tell me how I can tell if an alarm is fitted standard I'll be grateful.

Is there any way of telling other than smashing a window to get in??

Cheers

Josh

No the JDM does not have an alarm fitted in Japan, and the minimum requirement for SVA is an imobilizer in the uk. you will need to check with the company who put the car through SVA if they fitted an Alarm as most companies do it at the same time as the Imobilizer (mine did)

To check if you are alarmed sit in the car and get someone to lock it. Wait for a few minutes and move around inside and lastly open the door from inside, if no sound then no alarm!

My JDM had an immobilizer fitted for SVA, and it also has an alarm/immobilizer which must have been fitted by the Japanese owner (presumably to protect the expensive AddZest DVD/Satnav head unit). I tested it in the way you described and was nearly deafened in the process. My wife thinks I'm nuts, by the way! :wacko:

Thanks guys

Have another problem now!!!

I thought i'd try locking the door via the central locking button on the key, leaving the car for 30 secs and then opening the door by using the key in the door. (my Celica's alarm used to go off if you tried opening the door with the key without disarming with the button on key).

First time I have ever used the key to enter car and what do I find? Well, now I know I won't be able to open the door if ever the battery runs out in the key!!

The Bloody thing would'nt open! the key wouldn't go fully into the lock it was as if there was something inside the lock (maybe a broken off tip of another key) It almost went in but not fully and wouldn't turn at all.

I'm I looking at getting a new lock fitted? doe's anyone know of a way round this?

Cheers

Josh.

Guest prescience
Thanks guys

Have another problem now!!!

I thought i'd try locking the door via the central locking button on the key, leaving the car for 30 secs and then opening the door by using the key in the door. (my Celica's alarm used to go off if you tried opening the door with the key without disarming with the button on key).

First time I have ever used the key to enter car and what do I find? Well, now I know I won't be able to open the door if ever the battery runs out in the key!!

The Bloody thing would'nt open! the key wouldn't go fully into the lock it was as if there was something inside the lock (maybe a broken off tip of another key) It almost went in but not fully and wouldn't turn at all.

I'm I looking at getting a new lock fitted? doe's anyone know of a way round this?

Cheers

Josh.

A spare battery for the key?

Sorry :blush: doubt you can dismantle the lock though but who knows

M13KYF

Thought of that.

Went round to the passanger door and 'lo and behold' there is no lock on that door!! :scare:

I was given 2 keys when I picked up the car, just assumed one was a spare as it doesn't have the central locking buttons on it, but will try it when I get home.

Had the same problem when I had to change the locks on my previous car.