Car ideas

smartmove

Now that I have the Z (pick her up tomorrow) I need to upgrade my girlfriends car. She currently has a Ka but we have 2 boys so need something a little bigger. She doesnt want anything any bigger than a Focus so we're looking at Focus's or 307's. Any other suggestions as to cars about that size that have a decent size boot and are reasonably comfortable for 4 people?

The Civic, my dad's got one and I love the futuristic interior, the exterior looks and there's plenty of room in the back (and I'm 6"), probably more legroom than the Mondeo (previous-gen). Plus it's a Hond aso it'll should be pretty much bulletproof and come with loads of kit. Think there are some good value 57 plate ones at the likes of Motorpoint as well if you're looking for something nearly new.

I should be on comission for Honda after that spiel!!!

Oh and congratulations on your new purchase but remember :worthless:

Also consider the new SEAT Leon. I had an old shape one and it was brill, loads of space and the engine had quite a bit of poke. We also had a new shape one on holidays and the missus wants to get one because it was brilliant. They're normally quite cheap to buy but remember it is a VAG car so expect servicing to be a little expensive compared to the Ka.

The Civic, my dad's got one and I love the futuristic interior, the exterior looks and there's plenty of room in the back (and I'm 6"), probably more legroom than the Mondeo (previous-gen). Plus it's a Hond aso it'll should be pretty much bulletproof and come with loads of kit. Think there are some good value 57 plate ones at the likes of Motorpoint as well if you're looking for something nearly new.

I should be on comission for Honda after that spiel!!!

Oh and congratulations on your new purchase but remember :worthless:

I had one of these as a courtesy car last week and thought it was great. Mine had the 1.8 petrol lump which seemed pretty pokey. Best bit was the interior which has a real sense of occasion and felt really good quality. It looked great and had loads of gadgets.

As an aside, I was taking in my 6 year old CRV for some warranty work and got a pristine, loaded Civic but when I've taken my Zed in I've always been given a base spec Micra (in Arnold Clark's case resembling an ash tray) - go figure! :dry:

As an aside, I was taking in my 6 year old CRV for some warranty work and got a pristine, loaded Civic but when I've taken my Zed in I've always been given a base spec Micra (in Arnold Clark's case resembling an ash tray) - go figure! :dry:

It is shocking what they try and give you. I agree that they cant really give you a Zed as most places dont even have one in, but you should get something better than a micra. My mate has the same with his Evo, and last time he got given a brand spanking new top spec L200 B)

It is shocking what they try and give you. I agree that they cant really give you a Zed as most places dont even have one in, but you should get something better than a micra. My mate has the same with his Evo, and last time he got given a brand spanking new top spec L200 B)

Even a Cash-Cow would have been better...

After years of Nissan customer service I was expecting very little from Honda when buying a 6 year old car and they have been brilliant. Best service from a car dealer I've had in years.

I agree with the honda customer service statement.. my sife had a cr-v a few years ago and service was excellent .. every time ethe car was in they gave us a decent spec either civic or on a couple of occasions an HR-v ..

My 350 went into the local dealer for some work earlier this week and i got a QashQai 2.5 d 7 seater.. it was pretty good... it is going back next week to be finished and they are lending me a murano.. i quite like them..

Decent small car of choice would either be the civic (excellent quality and a good drive) or the new fiesta as it seems to be a good little car and they look quite roomy..

Don't forget most garages insist you cover courtesy cars on your own insurance, thats why they give out Micras. Believe me, you give most people anything bigger and you get moaned at. I once put an Almera on as our courtesy car and I remember one old dear complaining the Almera was too big and insisting she couldn't drive it, so we ended up giving her a lift home and collecting her when her car was ready.

By far and away the vast majority of cars which will be in for Service will be Micras and the vast majority simply want something they are familiar with so they can just jump in and drive.

As for resembling an Ash Tray well thats just pathetic. For a start smoking is banned in vehicles such as courtesy cars, and they should be valeted each time they are returned to the dealership. Mine always were.