why?

rallycross

Sorry but we have tightened up the ruling on cars for sale on the forum. 15 posts it is i am afraid. We are finding more and more people are joining the forum only to sell their cars during these difficult times. A small fee as even been discussed as an option for new members if they are selling. After all you are getting free advertisement. ;)

I am happy to discuss this with all members

personally I prefer the idea of charging and then the advert would be marked as non member classified.

There is possible a bonus if advertising on here as it deems to show that you would think it's a cherished example and with known history. By just letting the 15 post rule stand, it doesn't really get the advertiser a full forum history and member can get to know them and the car. I agree with sarnie in some way by increasing the post count as a alternative if we choose to keep it free. Spamming won't be permitted though.

personally I prefer the idea of charging and then the advert would be marked as non member classified.

There is possible a bonus if advertising on here as it deems to show that you would think it's a cherished example and with known history. By just letting the 15 post rule stand, it doesn't really get the advertiser a full forum history and member can get to know them and the car. I agree with sarnie in some way by increasing the post count as a alternative if we choose to keep it free. Spamming won't be permitted though.

+1 on all points :thumbs:

So that means Sarnie wouldn't be able to sell any car on here? ;)

:dry::p

Anyone can post 15 posts in a matter of hours commenting on threads etc. 100 would mean, more than anything, that they have to spend a fair amount of time on the site and can't just come on here and take advantage of the users and resources that people on here have spent a lot of time and effort to build.

:)

:dry::p

Anyone can post 15 posts in a matter of hours commenting on threads etc. 100 would mean, more than anything, that they have to spend a fair amount of time on the site and can't just come on here and take advantage of the users and resources that people on here have spent a lot of time and effort to build.

:)

So that would only take you 6.09 days at your current spamming rate ;)

I think that 100 post is perhaps too hig but something like 75 would be better or maybe 50. Remember spamming woon;t be allowed so to reach a 100 good posts is quite an effort. Something you sarnie would find very difficult :teeth: but the points you raised are good ones :thumbs:

I say 350 posts. That way you can only sell the car once the club sticker is on it :teeth:B)

:lol: like it!

More seriously, 350 sounds good for a 'free' for sale ad - at that figure the owner/car is likely to be pretty well known. Below that figure a small payment to sell a car (and parts?) would not be unreasonable given that membership on here is free. First priority should be those who have contributed to discussions etc rather than opportunists, who I can''t blame given the absence of any 'ruling' on using the site for their purpose.

Guess it is a sign of the times that ZED owners have not previously had to worry too much about depreciation in the past and the credit crunch is now forcing sales. :dry:

50 sounds pretty good to me... All though a small £5 donation to the site for anyone with less could then be imposed too..... :)

I think this figure on the number of posts is probably about right too, as someone like yourself with only 70 ish will know, making 70 posts that are postive contributions is not something that is acheived overnight.

It would take some people well over a year at their current posting rates to acheive 100+ posts, although they are valued members of the club, they may not necesarily have the time available to contribute as often.

The policy change is to be used to ensure that the people allowed to sell their car for free have at least made some form of positive contribution.

There is an ammount of money spent on hosting this site each year, and it would be unfair on those whom have contributed (be that in the form of donations, or positive posting contributions) to allow people whom have not made such contributions to utilise the forum for their own benefit.