C02 emissions

Kennydies

I was thinking about all the crap about co2 emissions, the implications and the huge amount of tax on our "planet changing gas guzzlers"

I took a few figures from some green sites and came to the conclusions the just surviving at home creates almost the same co2 than my car use but the cost is disproportionate:

The C02 emissions for a z is 280g per KM or 450g per mile.

I drive 10.4 miles a day to and from work (4.68kg co2, (450*10.4)/1000)

A few house hold appliences:

TV 1.1

Tumble Dryer 1.84

Washing 0.63

pc 0.63

Total 4,17kg co2

This is without counting in a dishwasher, the fact I dont drive everyday etc...

Thoughts?

Eat more meat, I blame the veggies :lol:

Cows, pigs, sheep and poultry have been awarded the dubious honour of being among the world's greatest environmental threats, according to the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).

The report, entitled Livestock's long shadow, says the livestock industry is degrading land, contributing to the greenhouse effect, polluting water resources, and destroying biodiversity. In summary, the sector is "one of the top two or three most significant contributors to the most serious environmental problems at every scale".

Perhaps the report's most striking finding is that the livestock sector accounts for 18% of global greenhouse gas emissions – more than transport, which emits 13.5%.

Here's something controverial. If you want to reduce your 'carbon footprint' remove catalytic converters from cars!

I don't get why they are jumping on CO2 on not other more harmful emisions

They should stop forcing car manufacturers to fit cats and just give them emission targets to meet. this would make car more efficient and result in lower CO2

Sorry, rant over. :)

I liked James May's arguments that, as all cars are bad for the environment, in the future cars will become like horses have become and we will use them for entertainment only.

Those who are into cars will have a really nice thoroughbred in their garage for track days and special occasions.

I am aware of the holes in this argument but if true it would still allow me enjoy the combustion engine.

Don't we all know already that it's just another easy fund raiser for the government?! The taxing takes no account of the miles done so I'd be fairly sure that there are people out there driving 1 litre polo's causing far more pollution than me because:

a) They do more miles.

B) The car's aren't as well maintained so they pollute far more now than when they left the factory.

Don't we all know already that it's just another easy fund raiser for the government?! The taxing takes no account of the miles done so I'd be fairly sure that there are people out there driving 1 litre polo's causing far more pollution than me because:

a) They do more miles.

B) The car's aren't as well maintained so they pollute far more now than when they left the factory.

Yup - I get my monies worth. 300 miles a week for work and did over 600 miles for the Wales run.

Dont worry, leave it to me to turn Britain's climate into the South of France B)