window

nixy

I think I may have a little problem with my drivers window. I know it's common to have problems with the windows so I've done a search but I'm not sure what the actual cause of the problem is. I noticed yesterday when I was waxing the car that the drivers window did not go fully back up when I closed the door. I got in the car and put the window up fully with the button and since then it seems to be ok but it's probably on its way out. Do I need a new motor or is it something else that causes this?

Nix: Are you sure you didnt just lean on it a little when the door was open? I have done this before by accident and pushed the window down a little. When you get back in a simple pull of the up switch puts it back in place and its fine. If it doesnt go back to where it needs to then you need to do the window reset.

obviously not, i was searching for window drop - didn't know there was a reset!

Good point Chris - don't think I lent on it but I can't rule it out 100%. Maybe i'll just keep my eye on it for now.

Cheers Mart!

If its sealing properly now that you have hit the up switch (ie looks about right, no excess noise at speed), I'd just leave it. IIRC the window reset requires you to take off the door card and fiddle a bit, so not worth the hassle unless it is obviously not all the way up :thumbs: