Close call today, peeps!

Drexyl

For the record the automatic ban is not 95.5mph, its 30 mph about whatever the limit is for that bit of road e.g 70+ in a 40 or 100+ in a 70 etc..........

I got caught doing 66 in a 30 8 years ago and only got 6 points, how long has this rule been in place?

Although the cop was sitting under the 60 sign just as i was about to enter it.

There is no such thing as an automatic ban. there are speeds at which it will 'automatically' go to court, but not necessarily a ban.

And at the risk of sounding negative, you could still get done for speeding if he had you on video.

A few years ago a got caught overtaking an un marked car doing over 90 in a 60. The copper pulled me over, showed me the video and basically agreed I wasn't riding dangerously but told me to slow down and then send me on my way. A few weeks later a get a letter throught the post telling me that they have since reviewed the days footage from that car and they are going to prosecute. Went to court and got 3pts and £350 fine.

I thought this took the **** abit especially as the video showed the unmarked car doing 80 before I overtook it. So if they were going to do me they should do him as well.

Sorry I realise this has turned into a monday morning rant :rant:

Any way I hope you don't have the same experience.

For the record the automatic ban is not 95.5mph, its 30 mph about whatever the limit is for that bit of road e.g 70+ in a 40 or 100+ in a 70 etc..........

I wasn't about to sit there with this guy and say "well, actually officer you're wrong....". I simply listened to what he said, nodded at the right moments whist looking sheepishly at the footwell. I was caught bang to rights and had no defence whatsoever. So if he'd have told me black was white I would have agreed with him so as not to make the situation any worse. As a result, my overall countenence worked in my favour and I was let go without even a ticking off. I am no friend of the Police as in institution, but I'm not going to provoke them when I'm clearly in the wrong. This one copper wasn't full of the arrogance that I've experienced from others that choose that profession. Made a pleasant change.

I wasn't about to sit there with this guy and say "well, actually officer you're wrong....". I simply listened to what he said, nodded at the right moments whist looking sheepishly at the footwell. I was caught bang to rights and had no defence whatsoever. So if he'd have told me black was white I would have agreed with him so as not to make the situation any worse. As a result, my overall countenence worked in my favour and I was let go without even a ticking off. I am no friend of the Police as in institution, but I'm not going to provoke them when I'm clearly in the wrong. This one copper wasn't full of the arrogance that I've experienced from others that choose that profession. Made a pleasant change.

+1 :thumbs: well said, no point in winding up someone who is being more than 'fair' in the circumstances.

I did this one time on the motorway when it was dark and in a blackspot because the car behind me was flashing his headlights at me (i couldnt tell it was a marked 5 series)... I thought he wanted a race, so i put it into 4th and got up to about 110 or so before he put the lights on.

Pulled me over and said "Do you know what the fvck you just did?"

I told him that because he flashed his lights i thought he may have been trying to tell me something was wrong with my car, so i wanted to make sure my accelerator pedal was working properly.

He actually started laughing, said it was the most amusing thing he had heard all week and let me go because of that fact, after he checked out my insurance, and all of the other vehicle details of course, i almost peed my pants!

I did this one time on the motorway when it was dark and in a blackspot because the car behind me was flashing his headlights at me (i couldnt tell it was a marked 5 series)... I thought he wanted a race, so i put it into 4th and got up to about 110 or so before he put the lights on.

Pulled me over and said "Do you know what the fvck you just did?"

I told him that because he flashed his lights i thought he may have been trying to tell me something was wrong with my car, so i wanted to make sure my accelerator pedal was working properly.

He actually started laughing, said it was the most amusing thing he had heard all week and let me go because of that fact, after he checked out my insurance, and all of the other vehicle details of course, i almost peed my pants!

:lol::lol::lol: Good for you, mate!