no oil pressure

sanches

Are you sure you've got oil? The dipstick is about as much use as a chocolate teapot at times, and given that both the oil sender light AND the pressure gauge are telling you the same thing (are they read off the same sensor though?), I'd be triple checking the oil level.

Guest prescience

It sounds like you have he symptoms in post 10 below

http://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-rep ... -zero.html

This could be a faulty sender or something more sinister like a failing oil pump - you absolutely should not **** about with this, you could total your engine. Get it to a dealer, better safe than sorry they will run the necessary tests

Guest prescience
i'm devenetly not driving it untill its sorted out. no strange noises at all.

the oil level was in the middle of the marks on the dipstick.

faling oil pump?? on a car with 42.000km? that would be verry weak

Good luck - you're doing the right thing; unlike the guy in that post, what was he thinking leaving it idling to see if it got back to normal region :scare:

It sounds like you have he symptoms in post 10 below

http://my350z.com/forum/maintenance-rep ... -zero.html

This could be a faulty sender or something more sinister like a failing oil pump - you absolutely should not **** about with this, you could total your engine. Get it to a dealer, better safe than sorry they will run the necessary tests

:scare::scare: What on earth was this guy thinking about?

a added some oil and there still was no pressure, started the car again 2sec later and there was pressure and when i wanted to drive again a few hours later, no pressure, try'd again 2 sec later and pressure again :wacko:

i looked in the hole where you ad oil with a flash light and i can see the oil flowing really good but i only had the chance to check it when the oil light on the dash was out.

i'm going to the nissan dealership tomorrow to get it read out by the computer, i think it will be an electrical error.

what do you guys think?

Get it to a dealers. Starting and stopping when there is a pottential oil flow problem could result in you needing a new engine - as dorian (prescience) posted above - do not risk knackering your engine.

Dealer visit and new oil pump, worst case scenario a hundred quid (or Euros) or maybe more given dealer pricing.

Keep trying to find/fix your problem yourself and the worst case scenario is that you need a new engine costing a few thousand.

Your choice.

Guest prescience
When i bought my car the oil pressure was really low, it didn't go over a quarter. Once i changed the oil, the pressure went back to normal which was a great relief. This shows that the performance of oil degrades over time and use.

Yes that is very true - but there is a world of difference between 15psi (which I experienced myself) and zero. I wish the guy well, but he's a mug if he thinks an oil and filter change have really solved it. You can only take horses to the well etc...