May have a problem?

xStric9x

Just been testing the zorst B) however when i got back home i was getting a ker-klunk as the car was coming to a stand still under breaking

Now after mucking about for half an hour i have found the problem to be that it will only do it the once going forward, i then have to put it into reverse to make it do it again and vice versa. Both Bec and i cannot determain if it is coming from the front or rear of the car.

Any ideas?

Ps It doesn't do this everytime.

does it only do it when braking mike ?

if it does, it sounds like a loose caliper to me or a knackered bush/droplink

Yes bud, and only when i'm about to come to a complete stand still :thumbs:

Maybe need to take wheels off and have a look as i only changed the pads a short while ago. New i was numpty when it came to car maintenance :wacko:

Maybe need to take wheels off and have a look as i only changed the pads a short while ago. New i was numpty when it came to car maintenance :wacko:

sounds very like a pad rocking.

Check you haven't lost any of the retaining sprung prssure plates which are held in by the two pins, you should be able to check this without removing the wheels ie go outside now and look :thumbs:

sounds very like a pad rocking.

Check you haven't lost any of the retaining sprung prssure plates which are held in by the two pins, you should be able to check this without removing the wheels ie go outside now and look :thumbs:

Ok :thumbs:

After messing about all morning i can now determain that one click is coming from the front and then the second one coming from the rear within about half a second of each other, the front always being the first click.

It sounds like it is coming from the center of the car but can't be sure.

Again it only does this under braking and when nearly coming to a complete stop. I've had the wheels off and checked pads and calipers and nothing looks out of the ordinary.

Really baffled by this as i don't think i've ever heard of this problem, the only think i can point out is that i've just had a new zorst fitted and the clicking started soon after, i have checked that out to and i can't really see anything there either.

After messing about all morning i can now determain that one click is coming from the front and then the second one coming from the rear within about half a second of each other, the front always being the first click.

Again it only does this under braking and when nearly coming to a complete stop. I've had the wheels off and checked pads and calipers and nothing looks out of the ordinary.

Really baffled by this as i don't think i've ever heard of this problem, the only think i can point out is that i've just had a new zorst fitted and the clicking started soon after, i have checked that out to and i can't really see anything there either.

Mike - are you sure that it is not the exhaust expanding/contracting that's making those noises, especially being new? Might be worth going to a quiet location on a gradient and with the ignition on/engine off, coasting down to see if the noise is there when you brake? Take care doing this with no power steering or brake assist on. ;)

Mike - are you sure that it is not the exhaust expanding/contracting that's making those noises, especially being new? Might be worth going to a quiet location on a gradient and with the ignition on/engine off, coasting down to see if the noise is there when you brake? Take care doing this with no power steering or brake assist on. ;)

Will go and try it Colin :thumbs:

Wheels off gain and found the back passenger pad loose in the caliper along with the front drivers side :wacko::yahoo: Quite an easy fix.

how do you mean loose ? its held by the pins ?

By feel, there was a bit of play in the pads so i took them out and re-fitted them.

Everything was ok for about 5 mins then the click came back :surrender:

So moving away from the pads i inspected the zorst and i've found that its touching the diff cover but i'm not sure it would make a clicky axel kind of noise as the cover is plastic and i physically cannot move the zorst by hand.

Car is booked in at big Phils for a service and also for the clicking to be checked out :thumbs:

Exhaust is coming along fine, had an audience at work and asked what they thought.

Most said it didn't sound much different to the old one when i pulled off but sounded awesome when i gave it some beans, its definately getting deeper but i'm mostly commented on how it looks when parked up :thumbs:

Its a definate clicky axel type noise only louder,doesn't do it when i pull off, only when coming to a stand still.

Something tells me that it is something brake or zorst related.[/quote

Will have a chat about it a week on Saturday Mike, sure you can make some time

Its a definate clicky axel type noise only louder,doesn't do it when i pull off, only when coming to a stand still.

Something tells me that it is something brake or zorst related.[/quote

Will have a chat about it a week on Saturday Mike, sure you can make some time