Polised Plenum

bigphil

At long last we have managed to catch up on the back log of polished plenum orders and now have two ready polished ready to go out.

These are on an exchange basis meaning we send you out the polished item and once fitted you return your old one to us.

£140

IMG_1410.jpg

001.jpg

We were doing the throttle body but have had a couple of problems with bodies returned not working which we don't know if its caused by the fitter or whether it is an issue with the polishers but the parts cannot be replaced to repair so we have suspended the throttle bodies for now until we can address this issue in some way.

We were doing the throttle body but have had a couple of problems with bodies returned not working which we don't know if its caused by the fitter or whether it is an issue with the polishers but the parts cannot be replaced to repair so we have suspended the throttle bodies for now until we can address this issue in some way.

Noooooooooooooooo :surrender:

Let me have the bad news Phil, was it me?

dont honestly know but the one you had is totally dead.

New one on its way to you now just left with the courier.

dont honestly know but the one you had is totally dead.

New one on its way to you now just left with the courier.

Cheers Phil; I'll do my best not to kill this one ;)

• 4 weeks later...
:lol: , what problems did you have with them phil ?, just i remember envy doing them, not to sure if they still do ?, but would look B) against the polished plenum :thumbs:

to many being mishandled or damaged and difficult to prove who was at fault so ended up costing us money.

I have a polished throttle body, and it is functionally fine.

But they're not just bits of metal, they've got electronics attached. Powder coating would be very tricky with the heat involved I would think....

I have a polished throttle body, and it is functionally fine.

But they're not just bits of metal, they've got electronics attached. Powder coating would be very tricky with the heat involved I would think....

Hence why Phil doesnt do them any more. There are too many bits that can break and its hard to prove where it happened unless he hooks up each and every one before and after having it done to check it still works. Wouldnt stand up to powder coating as you say mate as its too hot for the delicate pieces.

Could potentially spay them with chrome finish? Wonder how that would turn out if done by a pro? :thumbs: