Soon to be 350z owner

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, bad news.

I've had to pull out of this deal as i'm not comfortable with the car. I've found out that it is a reposession - which is not a bad thing - but it has no log book and DVLA still have the original owner as the official keeper.

Also, there is only one key and no original documentation with the car (service history etc), i assume the car was lifted off someone's driveway and towed away.

:thumbdown:

Anyway, the upshot is, im (hopefully) getting my deposit back and will continue to look.

Very impressed that you managed to say no so close to delivery Wink

It's a lot of money to throw at something that's not quite right.

The dealership wanted me to pay for the car, get it delivered to my address and sit back and wait for the V5 to be sent through, though i can't drive it as it's not taxed and doesnt officially belong to me...err, i don't think so!

Anyway, at least i have my full requirements list now, Azure Blue, Sat Nav, facelift etc..the 'one' is out there waiting for me

:thumbs:

Honestly wouldn't worry about sat nav. A face lift azure would be good then you can install a nice all in one ipod sat nav media machine for the premium that a factory sat nav car would carry at a dealers.

Food for thought......

Well, bad news.

I've had to pull out of this deal as i'm not comfortable with the car. I've found out that it is a reposession - which is not a bad thing - but it has no log book and DVLA still have the original owner as the official keeper.

Also, there is only one key and no original documentation with the car (service history etc), i assume the car was lifted off someone's driveway and towed away.

:thumbdown:

Anyway, the upshot is, im (hopefully) getting my deposit back and will continue to look.

Can't you just phone a Nissan dealership to get the service history? They can print off the service details for each one. You can get a service book from Nissan and get the dealer to retro stamp the book,job done.

Sounds a bit dodge if you ask me. Very good idea not to buy! There are plenty out there so have a look.

I washed mine yesterday & took some good pics. I'll be posting up them tonight. Good luck on finding another one.

I find autotrader & pistonheads the best 2 places to find cars.