Blackjax

Rentech

Hi all,

After buying my Z I have been considering having a Blackjax system fitted. After reading about AndyC's incident I'm now even more inclined. The system is designed with carjacking in mind. If the doors are opened you need to re-enter a code. If you don't the engine is cut, lights flash etc after a short time (I think). Allows the offenders to drive a safe distance away from you, and you to scarper and call the police.

Has anyone had any experience of this type of security device?

Cheers

i had it on a previous car, it is a good system but the trouble with it is you get so fed up of entering in the code every time you open the door etc etc that you end up turning the function off. Although when you here about these jackings becoming more common i suppose you just keep that in mind.

So when do you have to enter the code? Is it every time the door opens or just when the engine is on and the door opens? As Amanda drives my car, I'd be quite tempted to get one.

They should really do one with RFID in it, so that you can have a smart card in you wallet that it picks up. When its in range the device would de-activate, but when out of range the anti-hijack would kick in. Just make sure the thieves dont take ya wallet too!

So when do you have to enter the code? Is it every time the door opens or just when the engine is on and the door opens? As Amanda drives my car, I'd be quite tempted to get one.

They should really do one with RFID in it, so that you can have a smart card in you wallet that it picks up. When its in range the device would de-activate, but when out of range the anti-hijack would kick in. Just make sure the thieves dont take ya wallet too!

Interesting concept the RFID one, we have just done a major install at a hospital that uses it to find wheel chairs and essential hospital equipment by using a phone or a pc terminal, same technology could be used with some sort of proximity device... i.e allowing the car to get a certain distance away and then shutting it down and locking it up...

Another one would be to use fingerprint technology to scan allowed users to drive once key is in the ignition, if they have the key and their print dosnt match then it would allow the car to drive 2 miles at speed and then cut to valet mode, alert the police with its location secretly using a GPS location and then bobs you uncle.... Alternativly it would drive for 2 miles, then cut to valet, lock the doors and release sleeping gas into the car...

Some of these things will come in the future, but having something like a keypad may mean that the asailent keeps hold of you or "forces" you to punch in the number...

If you had a fob, they wouldnt know if you had the system and it would give you a chance to run like fook...

Dont clifford do something like the blackjax system?

I still think that serious deterents via the courts would help instead of the usual slap on the wrist... Sharia Law would be good... get caught stealing, loose your hand/s....

Also guys, I know this has just happened to Andy and the chap with the Honday but this dosnt happen all the time in the uk in this way, its prob on the same scale of chance of winning the lottery... Just be aware of whats going on around you, have a plan in your head of "what if"

Black Jaxx is Clifford AFAIK :)

Agreed - the problem with Black Jaxx, is if they know its fitted then they make you enter the code. You want something wireless and unassuming so that they dont know its there at all.

Also this would be useless if OEMs install it as the car jackers would know its there and force you to activate it for them. I.e. if they knew about the RFID then they'd just make you hand over the card/fob/etc.

Better to just let them have the car imo

how does the ins view car jacking ? with you handing the keys over ?

I can't see them getting anywhere in disputing it. It can't be unreasonable to hand over your keys to someone brandishing a hammer.

I can't see them getting anywhere in disputing it. It can't be unreasonable to hand over your keys to someone brandishing a hammer.

the nice thing about black jaxx s that you hand the keys over, they drive off and after a short while or a set rev limit then the alarm process is instigated with it finally flashing the brake lights and cutting the engine. This gives the owner some time to run like the clappers and escape

Having a blackjax installed with invalidate your insurance though, can't remember the exact reason but if you google it theres loads of threads on it..

Its just that "stolen with the keys" term and how do you prove you have been carjacked and not just had it crushed to claim and clear finance ?

it must happen ?

Its just that "stolen with the keys" term and how do you prove you have been carjacked and not just had it crushed to claim and clear finance ?

it must happen ?

Like any other claim it can be fabricated but you would have to report it to the police and most people would be put off by both committing insurance fraud and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

it must happen ?

Like any other claim it can be fabricated but you would have to report it to the police and most people would be put off by both committing insurance fraud and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

:thumbs:

• 1 month later...