Azure 350Z carjacked!!!

Digsy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:scare: So sorry to hear about this Andy hope the insurance helps you get another ZED soon.

Rentech posted;

"I was considering installing a BlackJax system for such occasions. Has anyone got any one? Will set up another thread."

Has this been done - perhaps Sarnie can fill us in with details? :thumbs:

Thanks for the update Andy. As has been said many times, just glad you came out of it unmarked. Any latest on what the police think they have done with it.

Fraid not mate, had an email from CID today saying that they can't see anything useful from surrounding CCTV so not surprisingly it would seem that they picked their spot wisely.

So sorry to here what happened Andy, Carjacking is a very frightening experience as afterwards you always think what 'could' of happened. I'm sure you'll remember my DC5 Integra was carjacked a few weeks ago (slightly different scenario) and even now I keep getting the occasional flashbacks.

Have the insurance company been decent with you?

Chris :)

Thanks for the update Andy. As has been said many times, just glad you came out of it unmarked. Any latest on what the police think they have done with it.

Fraid not mate, had an email from CID today saying that they can't see anything useful from surrounding CCTV so not surprisingly it would seem that they picked their spot wisely.

Andy:

Hope you get over the nightmare soon. Whether you will want the car back now I guess is debateable - if you do I am sure everyone on here will continue to keep their eyes open. Not sure about any 'distinquishing' features related to your car (or its reg for that matter) so a bit difficult to tell from for sale ads or just spotting on the road whether it might be your car. If you want to share more......but perfectly understand if you do not ;)

Just mentioned this as seeing cfoster's equally frightening experience he also showed lots of pics of his car with some very individual tell-tales. :)

Andy:

Hope you get over the nightmare soon. Whether you will want the car back now I guess is debateable - if you do I am sure everyone on here will continue to keep their eyes open. Not sure about any 'distinquishing' features related to your car (or its reg for that matter) so a bit difficult to tell from for sale ads or just spotting on the road whether it might be your car. If you want to share more......but perfectly understand if you do not ;)

Just mentioned this as seeing cfoster's equally frightening experience he also showed lots of pics of his car with some very individual tell-tales. :)

With the greatest respect, Andy's car need some TLC :blush:

Look out for kerbed wheels :shutup::sorry:

So sorry to here what happened Andy, Carjacking is a very frightening experience as afterwards you always think what 'could' of happened. I'm sure you'll remember my DC5 Integra was carjacked a few weeks ago (slightly different scenario) and even now I keep getting the occasional flashbacks.

Have the insurance company been decent with you?

Chris :)

Hey Chris, sorry i'm not around much these days and hadn't seen your thread but checked it out now...musta been pretty shocking too - utter w***ers these guys are. I've just tried to put it out of my mind as much as poss and get on with things, just thankful i'm ok and glad you are too.

Insurance co have been really good so far although they still haven't paid out - they've asked another co to come up with a value which they did last week but a quick check on the trader and the glass' guide showed they were way wrong. How you doing with yours?

Andy:

Thanks mate. If they had of got the car straight away I would have been over the moon to get her back but now I don't - I'm not so sure how I'd feel getting back in her.

With the greatest respect, Andy's car need some TLC :blush:

Look out for kerbed wheels :shutup::sorry:

Diplomacy and Sarnie aren't usually two words that go together!!! :lol::lol:

As i hadn't been using the motor that much i actually got round to having them done mate - only a couple of months before this too.