Smoke 'em if ya got 'em...

mwalker56

Not good to follow though as the light emmited is crap afterwards.

Yes i remember following a certain somebody a while ago with smoked rear lights in Wales. :scare:

Not a good thing to do in my opinion and certainly would not recommend doing it to the standard filament bulb lenses. Might not be to bad on the l.e.d one's but overall i would not do it. :)

Not good to follow though as the light emmited is crap afterwards.

Yes i remember following a certain somebody a while ago with smoked rear lights in Wales. :scare:

Not a good thing to do in my opinion and certainly would not recommend doing it to the standard filament bulb lenses. Might not be to bad on the l.e.d one's but overall i would not do it. :)

+1 on the old style lights, quite dangerous IMO

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Richierich for the tip off, found some light-smoked LED tail lights on e-bay that didn't cost the world so thought i'd give them a go. I'm really pleased with the look and the output from the LEDs is far birghter than my previous OEM non-LED rear lights. (and for those aeriel-ists out there, i've got swapped out the standard 2ft whip aeriel!).

1222949595_DSC00377.jpg

1222949863_DSC00375.jpg

As for the aerial. I think it still looks mighty chunky on ya roof

:lol: :lol: very funny

Fit was pretty good, probably a couple of mm out on the mounting points which was cured with a quick bit of braddle work. They came with a US type plug so am currently using a "temporary" wiring solution until i source some uk plugs!