Phils Car Discussion

Guest prescience

Guest prescience
This price is mad :blush:

is that good or bad

My comment was not helpful, I realise, I wish you the best of luck with the sale :D

is that good or bad

My comment was not helpful, I realise, I wish you the best of luck with the sale :D

:thumbs:

Interested to know wether the price is considered realistic

Its realistic, if someone pays it. If its still for sale in a week or two then......... :)

Guest prescience

is that good or bad

You did ask ...

On face value a 2003 JDM-Z now retails, tops at about £11k. You've been in the modding business as long as me (well not quite that long :p ) and you'll probably agree that the top-end expectation is to get 50% back on mods - any mods (based on your choice not being someone else's). Let's suppose you have £8k of mods on the car - that equates, top whack to £15k retail

The point I'm making (and perhaps not so well I admit :blush: ) is unless you are extraordinarily fortunate to find someone who wants a modded Z (and doesn't want to mod it to their own spec - that's a big IF) then normal rules (as above) apply.

The great thing about these forums is that anyone's opinion is precisely that - their opinion, no more, no less, and the above is mine.

is that good or bad

You did ask ...

On face value a 2003 JDM-Z now retails, tops at about £11k. You've been in the modding business as long as me (well not quite that long :p ) and you'll probably agree that the top-end expectation is to get 50% back on mods - any mods (based on your choice not being someone else's). Let's suppose you have £8k of mods on the car - that equates, top whack to £15k retail

The point I'm making (and perhaps not so well I admit :blush: ) is unless you are extraordinarily fortunate to find someone who wants a modded Z (and doesn't want to mod it to their own spec - that's a big IF) then normal rules (as above) apply.

The great thing about these forums is that anyone's opinion is precisely that - their opinion, no more, no less, and the above is mine.

The only thing I'd disagree with is that Phil said the mods on the car are about £19k, therefore 50% of that is £8.5k.............. :blush:

is that good or bad

You did ask ...

I agree with this to an extent, but i think Phil is in a position to charge a premium due to the fact its actually coming from him - the leading 350z modifier in the uk? Side by side, if my car had the exact same mods, but not installed by ESR, people would still be willing to pay more for Phil's.

I think 6 months ago Phil, you could have got £19k for it, but right i dont know. Good luck though, and if i had the dosh i would love it...!

Guest prescience

I've broken a bit of a golden rule by commenting in a For Sale thread - something which I went to lengths to ensure didn't hapen to mine. On that basis, I apologise and if bigphil wshes, my posts can be removed :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

seems steep I agree with Dorian especially as I was offered 18k from them for mine which was a 2005 55 UK with more mods. But as Sarnie says if someone is willing to pay for it then all the best with it. I sold my previous Z which was a 2005 05 with less mods for just over 26k and I knew it was not worth that but, there was someone willing to pay for it. So all the best with the sale. Thats my 2 pence worth

seems steep I agree with Dorian especially as I was offered 18k from them for mine which was a 2005 55 UK with more mods. But as Sarnie says if someone is willing to pay for it then all the best with it. I sold my previous Z which was a 2005 05 with less mods for just over 26k and I knew it was not worth that but, there was someone willing to pay for it. So all the best with the sale. Thats my 2 pence worth

Car is sold ;)

Car is sold ;)

On the basis of Phil's post here, maybe not...

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16089

Car is sold ;)

Dependant on a finance application so not a done deal as yet, but close.