Advice needed - fitting gas struts

jim

Hi all - got a set of gas bonnet lifters from Phil today but haven't a clue how to fit them. I've PMd Phil but you know how busy he usually is and it could be a while before I get a reply. Can anybody else who has done this provide any guidance or pictures?

On the plastic covers u will see a D shaped raised part, cut out this to reveal one of the wing bolts, this needs to be replaced by one of the ball headed bolts, the black bracket needs to fixed onto the bonnet catch, and the secondary ball headed bolt horrisotally through the final hole, pictures tell 1000s works,

bonnetlift2.jpg

bonnetlift.jpg

(Phil sent me these to help me)

Had another look - the struts I have seem to be quite different from the ones in the photos. The fitting on the narrow end of the strut already has a right-angled bracket attached to it, which I assume should be attached to the bolt under the plastic trim. I can't however, see where to attach the black bracket - it comes with two hex bolts which don't seem to fit anywhere. Now I'm really baffled! :blush: