Really Simple Question but I cant figure it out

Burf

This is a proper noob question so I'm sorry lol.

I have just got a Zed imported from Japan, it has the BOSE sound system, how do I change the time on it? I would look in the manual but that would involve me going on a crash course in Japanese, lol. As far as I can tell there is no menu button on it?

Very confusing....any help would be appreciated

Do those auxilary gauge doofer pod thingies have a clock on them? I never realized! I shall have to investigate in the morning. :blush::blush:

On uk cars they do :thumbs:

That may explain it. Mine's obviously a JDM, and like the earlier poster, mines all in some weird symbology that only a hobbit could understand. Do you know for sure that JDM's don't have a clock? I'd imagine with the way everything in Japan is run so efficiently, it'd been the first thing they'd install!

Do those auxilary gauge doofer pod thingies have a clock on them? I never realized! I shall have to investigate in the morning. :blush::blush:

That may explain it. Mine's obviously a JDM, and like the earlier poster, mines all in some weird symbology that only a hobbit could understand. Do you know for sure that JDM's don't have a clock? I'd imagine with the way everything in Japan is run so efficiently, it'd been the first thing they'd install!

Do'nt you have one on the far right pod on the dash?

Do'nt you have one on the far right pod on the dash?

...Erm, trying to think now! yeah, isn't it.... Hang on, I'm not sure now! I'm off to have a look :blush:

Right just sorted it.

It is a clock on the BOSE unit, you hold down the DISP button and then use the volume to change the hours and the SEEK button to change the minutes.

However, The jap version does not have a clock in the pod (I just had a look).

Okay, been and had a gander. There's no clock on the gauge pod. A couple of timers, y'know a stopwatch and a distance/time measuring system unit, but no clock. The other pods show volts and oil pressure. Now that I think about it, I seem to remember a clock on the factory radio/cd, which has long since gone!

Right just sorted it.

It is a clock on the BOSE unit, you hold down the DISP button and then use the volume to change the hours and the SEEK button to change the minutes.

Cool :thumbs:

Right just sorted it.

Took me ages to work that out.. the minutes are easy to change, it was just the hours :lol:

Just to confirm, there is a clock on the BOSE display and on the birdview screen on the JDM cars. :thumbs:

Took me ages to work that out.. the minutes are easy to change, it was just the hours :lol:

Just to confirm, there is a clock on the BOSE display and on the birdview screen on the JDM cars. :thumbs:

Ahhh crap yeah, I forgot about the clock on the birdview! lol, dont suppose anyone knows how to change that? Any fluent Japanese speakers out there? lol Actually while on the subject of that, there must be a language option which will set the language on it to english? must just be buried in the blur of japanese symbols. I'll investigate, if there is, I'll let people know

No.. there isn't a language option. -not to change it to English anyway. I got a uk dvd drive so mine is in english now, think that's the only way to do it! Oh, and i think the clock is set via GPS.

Oh ok so you only replaced the DVD drive and that sorted the language? You don't have to rip out the screen too?

No.. there isn't a language option. -not to change it to English anyway. I got a uk dvd drive so mine is in english now, think that's the only way to do it! Oh, and i think the clock is set via GPS.

Oh ok so you only replaced the DVD drive and that sorted the language? You don't have to rip out the screen too?

No, screen is the only saveable bit :)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14504&highlight=birdview

Have a look there.

All you have to replace is the DVD drive behind your seat and put in a UK disk.

I got one for £160 out of a Nissan Patrol and someone else got one for £188 the other day. They are hard to find but if you keep looking you'll get one for a good price.

Wow thats a really useful thread. I'm gonna look into this. Cheers for that! :thumbs: