Thanks Phil

Drexyl

Parcel arrived today with my bits inside. The fastest delivery of all time, methinks! No sooner do I think "the weather's nice I'll crack on with this" and it starts slinging it down! Still, had enough time to fit the pop charger, so it's not all bad. will have a crack at the plenum spacer tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help and advice, Phil, and I'm looking forward to dealing with you again. ;)

Carleton

ps. my engine warning light has now come on since fitting the charger, will this go out once the ecu picks up the mod?

drexyl, where have you been ? ... not prison again ? :blush:

the light might require an ecu reset, check you have plugged the connector back into the maf

maf = the black box on the tube that you have fitted the popcharger to :thumbs:

this isn't common but not unknown with a popcharger install, usually a reset cures it

You haven't done the clips up properly and have air entering the engine which is unmetered (meaning you're probably running quite lean, which is a Bad Thing). Check all the connections are tight and reset the Check Engine Light (CEL) as described on one of the Stickys around here.

drexyl, where have you been ? ... not prison again ? :blush:

Hey Gix, I'm always about, well sorta, when I'm not away working. But it's good to be at home for a while. Here til the 20th, then it's all go again. gotta cram in as much modding as possible, but not if my warning lights are gonna keep coming on!!!

its no biggee mate, try these...

check the big jubilee clip is tight as ekona says

check you plugged the connector in the maf

do an ecu reset

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... hlight=ecu

Thanks bud, will have to try that in the morning now, as the rain looks set for the rest of this evening. I was sure the jubilee clip was tigh, and I definitly plugged in the connector, but I'll double check before doing the ecu thing.

If it's any consolation, I totally forgot to do the clip that holds the actual filter on when I did mine! It was only when I stopped and had a quick fumble to make sure everything was tight I realised that I'd got a bit too excited about getting it done and rushed it... :scare:

Okay, just got in from fitting my plenum spacer (for which I bled and swore quite a lot!) and all is well. No air leaks, minor coolant leak quickly fixed, and I'm feeling a bit chuffed :) Not being what you call "mechanically minded", meaning I normally end up in a far worse situation than I would be if I'd left it alone, I'm pleased with the result :D I even managed to fit on the new set of PIAA wipers I got with barely scraped knuckles :teeth: And after a few trys at it, I eventually managed to reset the ecu so it's not displaying the warning light. I am the preverbial happy bunny :teeth::teeth: Thanks Phil ;)

Does the car run without any flashing warning lights now ?? and are you happy with the performance ?? :D

No flashing lights, nor static ones either for that matter. As for performance, haven't yet had a chance to really test it, but it don't 'arf sound nice :teeth: